Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] How can i change notification mail name text!?!?

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
When i recive a notification the text of mail is "Support", i need to change this text with the name of my site.. anyone know how can i change it?

Best Answers

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    Check the settings in Dashboard > Settings > Outgoing Email

Is that what you're looking for?
  • x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    in locale it is called $Definition['EmailNotification']

In previous version there is a locale bug, which means many of the defaults are not copied over. Best advice is copy the definitions of applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/defintions.php to your own locale.

These are the email defs;

$Definition['EmailHeader'] = 'Hello {User.Name}! '; $Definition['EmailFooter'] = ' Have a great day!'; $Definition['EmailInvitation'] = 'Hello! %1$s has invited you to join %2$s. If you want to join, you can do so by clicking this link: %3$s'; $Definition['EmailMembershipApproved'] = 'Hello %1$s, You have been approved for membership. Sign in now at the following link: %2$s'; $Definition['EmailWelcome'] = '%2$s has created an account for you at %3$s. Your login credentials are: Email: %6$s Password: %5$s Url: %4$s'; $Definition['EmailPassword'] = '%2$s has reset your password at %3$s. Your login credentials are now: Email: %6$s Password: %5$s Url: %4$s'; $Definition['EmailConfirmEmail'] = 'You need to confirm your email address before you can continue. Please confirm your email address by clicking on the following link: {/entry/emailconfirm,url,domain}/{User.UserID,rawurlencode}/{EmailKey,rawurlencode}'; $Definition['EmailWelcomeRegister'] = 'You have successfully registered for an account at {Title}. Here is your information: Username: {User.Name} Email: {User.Email} You can access the site at {/,url,domain}.'; $Definition['EmailWelcomeConnect'] = 'You have successfully connected to {Title}. Here is your information: Username: {User.Name} Connected With: {ProviderName} You can access the site at {/,url,domain}.'; $Definition['PasswordRequest'] = 'Someone has requested to reset your password at %2$s. To reset your password, follow this link: %3$s If you did not make this request, disregard this email.'; = '%1$s Follow the link below to check it out: %2$s Have a great day!'; $Definition['EmailStoryNotification'] = '%1$s %3$s

grep is your friend.

• camocamo New
    You can change this at

/conf/config.php
    $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['SupportName'] = 'Support';
  • camocamo New
    Answer ✓
    Try Adding it ?

Answers

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    Check the settings in Dashboard > Settings > Outgoing Email

Is that what you're looking for?
  • x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    in locale it is called $Definition['EmailNotification']

In previous version there is a locale bug, which means many of the defaults are not copied over. Best advice is copy the definitions of applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/defintions.php to your own locale.

These are the email defs;

$Definition['EmailHeader'] = 'Hello {User.Name}! '; $Definition['EmailFooter'] = ' Have a great day!'; $Definition['EmailInvitation'] = 'Hello! %1$s has invited you to join %2$s. If you want to join, you can do so by clicking this link: %3$s'; $Definition['EmailMembershipApproved'] = 'Hello %1$s, You have been approved for membership. Sign in now at the following link: %2$s'; $Definition['EmailWelcome'] = '%2$s has created an account for you at %3$s. Your login credentials are: Email: %6$s Password: %5$s Url: %4$s'; $Definition['EmailPassword'] = '%2$s has reset your password at %3$s. Your login credentials are now: Email: %6$s Password: %5$s Url: %4$s'; $Definition['EmailConfirmEmail'] = 'You need to confirm your email address before you can continue. Please confirm your email address by clicking on the following link: {/entry/emailconfirm,url,domain}/{User.UserID,rawurlencode}/{EmailKey,rawurlencode}'; $Definition['EmailWelcomeRegister'] = 'You have successfully registered for an account at {Title}. Here is your information: Username: {User.Name} Email: {User.Email} You can access the site at {/,url,domain}.'; $Definition['EmailWelcomeConnect'] = 'You have successfully connected to {Title}. Here is your information: Username: {User.Name} Connected With: {ProviderName} You can access the site at {/,url,domain}.'; $Definition['PasswordRequest'] = 'Someone has requested to reset your password at %2$s. To reset your password, follow this link: %3$s If you did not make this request, disregard this email.'; = '%1$s Follow the link below to check it out: %2$s Have a great day!'; $Definition['EmailStoryNotification'] = '%1$s %3$s

grep is your friend.

• ok.. i have found this but i want replace the name of email senders. actually is "support"
  • camocamo New
    You can change this at

/conf/config.php
  • You can change this at

/conf/config.php
    i don't have this line in config.php

• camocamo New
    Answer ✓
    Try Adding it ?
  • You can change this at

/conf/config.php
    Ok i've found! Is in config-defaults.php
    Very THX! ;)
  • Ok i've found! Is in config-defaults.php
    config-defaults.php isn't used! config-defaults only shows possibilities you can use in your own config file. Maybe you should copy / paste the desired line in your own config file.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Ok i've found! Is in config-defaults.php
    config-defaults.php isn't used! config-defaults only shows possibilities you can use in your own config file. Maybe you should copy / paste the desired line in your own config file.
    i've try... in config.php not working... O.O