Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

how do you hide messages from guests?

troppmanntroppmann New
edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Default theme for Vanilla, how do you hide the messages in the sidebar from guests?

Nothing in Roles/Permissions/Categories addresses this as far as I can see....been all over this forum and not seeing an answer...

Thank you in advance for your help.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    try using Pockets they have limits as to Displaying HTML

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• you have pushed that on a couple threads...frankly this shouldnt be that complicated...

Guests shouldnt be the defining factor...
  • camocamo New
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    @troppmann Are you referring to 'messages' that can be set in dashboard?

If so, see your other thread, my answer should solve that issue also.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/16487/stupid-question-make-the-forum-not-visible#Item_6

YES! tested, solves both your issues. :)
  • tested...at least on my forum...not behaving correctly...

making the form private still shows those messages to everyone, no matter what the role when they are signed in...this screen is a test user seeing the threads they are supposed to AND the message test on the right...enabling that line doesnt remove that from this users persmission to see that and maybe i am blind but i am not seeing an option for that anywhere...

http://www.halfacrecycling.org/pix/messages.jpg

• @troppmann
    oh sorry, I assumed you had messages enabled to appear above content only, in this way, my suggestion works. There is no way to hide messages in your panel unless you write in a specific code yourself, Sorry I dont know how to do that.