Current release is 2.1.6
(21 Nov 2014).
Users who have not yet upgraded to 2.1 should get security release 188.8.131.52
(1 Nov 2014). We will stop providing these security releases to 2.0 at the end of this year.
Vanilla 2.0.18 RC3 released
This is NOT a stable release. BACKUP YOUR DATABASE AND CONFIG.PHP FILE BEFORE UPGRADING. This is a release candidate for testing purposes only. Download it here
Changes since 2.0.18RC2
- 2011-10-29 Fixed bug with restoring discussions from the spam log.
- 2011-10-28 Fixed bug where hashtag links were being double encoded.
- 2011-10-28 Fixed another error that may cause SQL pollution.
- 2011-10-27 Flagging: Use CategoryDropDown, closes #1183
- 2011-10-27 Disabled Popup functionality in IE7 or less. Closes #1184
- 2011-10-23 Fixed bug when restoring log entries. Check deletion of spam entires and moderation entries.
- 2011-10-21 Fixed user sort Url.
- 2011-10-23 Fixed bug that prevented OpenID from working.
- 2011-10-19 Added webos to mobile user agents.
- 2011-10-19 Fixed bug in tagging plugin that overwrites the sort improperly.
- 2011-10-06 Fixed bug in StringBeginsWith() and StringEndsWith() when trimming short strings.
- 2011-10-23 Fixed bug where CategoryModel::JoinUserData() can pickup/pollute Gdn::SQL().
- 2011-10-21 Fixed bug where blank tag is created.
- 2011-10-12 Fixed comment embedding to not turn a valid categoryID of zero into null
- 2011-10-10 Prevented SQL pollution when querying the category list.
- 2011-10-10 Prevented sql pollution in the user meta model.
- 2011-10-09 Fixed AllViewed issue in MySQL strict mode
We'll do more release candidates if necessary.
Here's the usual details:
DO NOT REPORT ISSUES ON THE COMMUNITY FORUM
Please report all issues on the GitHub Issue Tracker
. Remember to do a quick search through the issues to make sure your issue has not already been added or resolved.
Keeping track of new releases
You can follow our releases by pointing your favorite RSS reader at:
This feed will automatically update whenever we release a new version of Vanilla Core.
Troubleshooting the Vanilla 2 Installation
If you run into any issues during the installation, you may see the "Bonk" error screen. In order to get past this screen, you can add the following line to your conf/config.php file:
$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;
This will show you a more detailed screen of information about the actual problem you've encountered. Please include this information when reporting issues (copy & paste exact errors, please).
Upgrading Vanilla 2.0 Forums
- Back up your database.
- Back up all of your existing files.
- Unarchive the new files and copy them over your existing files. Make sure that your hidden files (ie .htaccess) are copied to your server.
- Make sure the conf/config.php from your old version has been copied over to the new version.
- Delete all *.ini files in your cache/ folder
- Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database: www.yourforum.com/utility/update (or www.yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update)
- Visit your forum and test away!
For more help with upgrading, check out the Upgrade Documentation
and the Upgrading Tips and Tricks
4 · ·