Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Category Page Titles

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
For some reason my category page html titles simple display the categroy name and not the typical "Category Name - Forum Name."

Any insight into where I should look to debug this?

Best Answer

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    Nice catch. This is a core bug. I've fixed it, and it will be in the first patch release for 2.0.18.

If it's really bugging you (har har), you can go to /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.categoriescontroller.php and find this ~ line 86:

$this->Head->Title(GetValue('Name', $Category, ''));

And replace it with this:

$this->Title(GetValue('Name', $Category, ''));

Answers

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    Use VanillaSEO plugin to customize the page titles of each and every page.

Thanks

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Is there anyway to do this without using a plugin? The title follows a standard on every other page, so this may be more of a bug than an issue a plugin should resolve.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    Nice catch. This is a core bug. I've fixed it, and it will be in the first patch release for 2.0.18.

If it's really bugging you (har har), you can go to /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.categoriescontroller.php and find this ~ line 86:

$this->Head->Title(GetValue('Name', $Category, ''));

And replace it with this:

$this->Title(GetValue('Name', $Category, ''));
  • Thanks for the fix!
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    2.0.18.1 is out, and this fix is in it as well.