Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Categories API not working

huwhuw
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Client wants forum info embedded in their site, /discussions.xml works as expected but /categories.xml returns this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Data> <Breadcrumbs></Breadcrumbs> <Category></Category> <CategoryID></CategoryID> <CountDiscussions>0</CountDiscussions> <AnnounceData></AnnounceData> <Discussions></Discussions> </Data>

The documentation doesn't say anything about why this wouldn't work - the categories appear on the forum itself. I've tried deleting the cache ini files but am at a loss for why this isn't working.

Using the latest build 2.0.18.1 (upgraded a previous version). Anyone know why this is happening?
Tagged:

Answers

• do you mean categories.xml/all ??

grep is your friend.

• That works! Thankyou.

The documentation says nothing about /all
    http://vanillaforums.org/docs/api-categories
  • x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2011
    Documentation is wrong, or misleading.

Yep but api mirrors (approximately) what you would expect with the xhtml to be RESTful

So if I go to categories/ I'm getting the root. To get all the categories categories/all

grep is your friend.

• Hi,

I have recently downloaded the latest version of vanilla and the api calls dont work.
    I have no prior experience with vanilla.
    Can anyone guide me how to go about this.I have also installed the json api application by eleith , but that doesnt work either.

I tried /vanilla/api/category
    Give 404 error.
  • I also tried /categories.xml/all

still shows 404.
    Do i have to do some configure soemthing in order to use this api.
  • It should work without configuration. It should just be the same path as vanilla's index.php

path_to_vanilla/categories.xml/all