Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is this allowed for use?

edited April 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Are we allowed to use this theme on our own forums? Because if the original art was used for the old Vanilla forums, does the Vanilla team have issue with this being used for other forums? I just don't want to use it (even with some customization) and get in legal trouble for using other's work and presenting it as my own (I wouldn't claim I made the theme, but using it is legally implementing it as your own. It'd be like plagiarism sort of).

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
  • The theme comes with a license included of GPL for the code. This pretty much means yes to your questions above.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @garymardell If the design & images weren't released by the Vanilla team, the GPL on that person's code is moot.
  • @Lincoln Ah yes, I totally missed the point. Sorry.
  • are you saying it is illegal to use this theme?
  • SS ✭✭
    This theme has bug: no $this->RenderAsset('Foot');
    So, get ready for javascript errors, etc. Because all js definitions are in Foot asset.
  • This theme has bug: no $this->RenderAsset('Foot');
    So, get ready for javascript errors, etc. Because all js definitions are in Foot asset.
    I like the theme and it design is just perfect for my project, please can you give a fix to the 'foot' problem you mentioned? Thank you
  • Add {asset name="Foot"} to any .tpl files in the theme's views/ folder.
  • @mrpta, Funny, right before you posted that , I did that very same thing to fix a problem I've been experiencing for a while now.

@imaigroup, it'd be great if you could re-release this with the fix, to save other people from experiencing the issues caused by the bug.