Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Captcha not working.

edited February 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I recently installed the later version of vanilla 2.0.14. I activated the BASIC registration process with Captcha. I activated my captacha account and did updated the basic registration with public and private key.

I tried creating a dummy account using the registration form with captcha security check. It is repeatedly throwing error message .The reCaptcha value was not entered correctly. Please try again. This is message pops up even after I enter the right word .Is there anyother option without using captcha with basic registration form?

Comments

• I got that error too. I'm not sure why, but when I went to the reCaptcha site and deleted by keys and then created new one -- this time I didn't check to make them global keys -- it worked. You might try creating new keys for your site too and see if that will solve the issue.
  • Yeah same problem here.

I thought it might be my modsecurity but its not.

I tried recreating the keys and make them not global but did not work for me.

The error reads:
    he reCaptcha value was not entered correctly.

Had to disable it until I have time to figure it out.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    If you don't enter the public/private keys exactly right then you will get this error. One thing to note is that you may be switching the public key for the private key when you enter it.
  • @Todd said:
    If you don't enter the public/private keys exactly right then you will get this error. One thing to note is that you may be switching the public key for the private key when you enter it.

This turned out to be the problem with my setup. Thanks Todd.

• I am also getting the same issue. Please let me know the solution. Please check the below given screen shot

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.