HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.0.18 final release

Comments

• OK. fixed the issue. I didn't supply a Callback URL:

It's working now.
  • upgraded an can get to the admin panel just fine but the main page says bonk :(
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You need to specify that your application is a web application rather than a desktop application in Twitter. There should be a section called 'Web Application' or something like that.
    That setting doesn't exist anymore. It implicitly understands you're a web app once you set the Callback URL.
  • UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited November 2011
    upgraded an can get to the admin panel just fine but the main page says bonk :(
    Set this in your configuration file.
    $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

Next time open a new discussion to ask for help :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• it is cool forum and very easy!!!
  • AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    hi guys after the upgrade, im getting bonk when users enters the thread topic?

me too :(

so I continue with 2.0.17.10

gravatar plugin issue. there''s a bundled gravatar in the new 2.0.18 version. your old gravatar wasn't overwritten with the new one -- this is causing the bonk when user enters a thread.
  • I have upgraded to the latest version and still have privacy issues with activity feeds of all users being visible to everybody.... the only way i manage to switch it off is if i switch of profile view
    please help i'm losing users
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Paulmac There is a permission setting Garden.Activity.View. Remove that from all roles.
  • Please can anyone give an elaborate details on how to successfully upgrade from Vanilla 2.0.17.10 to 2.0.18.1, and will all plugins that worked with 2.0.17.10 still works on 2.0.18.1? Thank you
  • whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    ooduque - I don't know about elaborate details, but how to do it is made very clear here:
    http://vanillaforums.org/docs/installation-upgrade

I followed the instructions and it worked fine.

As a precaution, I cloned my main forum folder, and tried the upgrade in the cloned version first. That way if there are any problems you haven't messed up your forum.

It's a very straightforward process.

As to the plug-ins - I haven't had any issues, but then I don't use that many.

If you rely on a plug-in for your forum, search the community forum to see if anyone has posted issues.
  • hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    anyone know if there is a way to ensure that e-mail notifications regarding posts in discussions are permissions aware? meaning, if you don't have access to a discussion thread it won't send an email with the post content to you... seems like a major flaw in the security model.

i would report a bug in github, but i can't figure out where or how.

• PlatonPlaton New
    edited November 2011
    For some reason I get "The temporary upload folder has not been configured." whenever I try to upload an avatar.

Tried chmod 777 to uploads
  • edited November 2011
    I just fresh installed using simple scripts. Facebook connect does not work. At least this site gets a little further. Facebook connect definitely not mature yet. I like the simplicity of this forum but the connect feature is a must.

I am able to 'allow' but then the little popup goes to an error page. My vanilla forum does not see the login, if I try to reconnect it goes straight to the error unless I clear my browser cache, then the process starts all over.

I tried Alibabs fix from the forum, it did not work either.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    anyone know if there is a way to ensure that e-mail notifications regarding posts in discussions are permissions aware?
    To my knowledge, they are.
    i would report a bug in github, but i can't figure out where or how.
    See the FAQ: http://vanillaforums.org/docs/faq
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    For some reason I get "The temporary upload folder has not been configured." whenever I try to upload an avatar.

Tried chmod 777 to uploads
    That's an error with your PHP installation. It means PHP has no "tmp" folder for storing uploads initially. That's something to be resolved with your host or system admin.
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @kagtha I suggest starting a new discussion to debug your issue, and please include full error messages. All known issues with the connectors are resolved as of 2.0.18.1.
  • nice
  • Hi There,

Thanks very much for this release, the upgrade seems to have worked well however when browsing to /utility/update I am just presented with a blue screen, with no mention of structure updates? No Bonk message. Any advice would be greatly received!
  • I just fresh installed using simple scripts. Facebook connect does not work. At least this site gets a little further. Facebook connect definitely not mature yet. I like the simplicity of this forum but the connect feature is a must.

I am able to 'allow' but then the little popup goes to an error page. My vanilla forum does not see the login, if I try to reconnect it goes straight to the error unless I clear my browser cache, then the process starts all over.

I tried Alibabs fix from the forum, it did not work either.
    It also only works for me in version 2.0.17

I don't understand why.

Have luck!
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @Gerardo There should be a "Success" message, no?