Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Categories empty after upgrade

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Just updated to 2.018 from 017 and noticed that the category list on my add post page is empty. Dropdown is still there, just empty.

Checked and the categories are still listed on the admin side.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    You did /utility/update, yes?
  • Options
    There was a thread about this couple of days ago and the user with the problem at that point had to adjust the code a bit to resolve the problem.

It's in the forum and searchable.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    Yes, I did the update.

@UnderDog - I searched quite a bit. Any chance you've got a link handy to the post you mentioned.
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    You are missing the discussion add permissions somewhere. Check your permissions for the appropriate role first.
  • Options
    I'm able to add discussions, and permissions for members are set to allow them to add discussions as well. But the add discussion page has an empty select list instead of a select with the categories in it.

When posted, the category listed for posts since the upgrade show up as Root.
  • Options
    Any ideas guys? I tried looking for that thread UnderDog was talking about, couldn't find it... I'll try again.
  • Options
    ShmizzleShmizzle New
    Answer ✓
    Found it and fixed it. I was also using a custom views/post/discussion.php, and didn't update it after moving to 2.0.18, which apparently requires slightly different code to output the category dropdown properly: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/146775#Comment_146775
  • Options
    edited December 2011

@shmizzle - Thanks for the bloodhound work finding that post. Worked like a charm.