Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla as Wordpress comments replacement

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Guys,

Anybody ever thought of this?.

I tried the WP integration plugin and it works great, but I was thinking, what about capturing also the discussion going on in the post comments and have it all in Vanilla.

Any of you guys did something like this?

Comments

• I'd love to see this too. I've done this with IP.Board. The Vanilla docs could use some improvement, it's not easy to know what all the necessary hooks are and sample usage.
  • The Vanilla docs could use some improvement, it's not easy to know what all the necessary hooks are and sample usage.
    Good! Make the documentation how you've done it for IP.Board and propose the documentation for the site

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• brujahbrujah
    edited October 2011
    It's also at github. Not sure how much help it'll be, but the WP parts are there. It's meant to be used on the WP side as a WP plugin.
    https://github.com/darkness/IP.Board-Comments-for-WordPress
  • I'm really interested in using Vanilla to replace the comments system on my (self-hosted) WP blog. I want to have the blog be the main entry point to the site, and a forum dedicated to discussions on the blog posts (fully replacing the WP comment system), as well as other forums for user-generated topics.

I saw a demo of this a few months ago by the Vanilla forums guys themselves, but there's not much more information about it. So I know the functionality exists somewhere, but where? And how can I use it?

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

This is an upcoming feature that will be core to Vanilla, but we don't have a release date for it yet.

• Today I don't need a release date, but wondering if this is a Q1 or later idea? or is this just a thought yet to be worked on?

Just wondering if I need to consider developing it, or if it's in the near pipeline. Thanks

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

brujah said:
    I'd love to see this too. I've done this with IP.Board. The Vanilla docs could use some improvement, it's not easy to know what all the necessary hooks are and sample usage.

http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/

some of the users are trying to capture this info.

• hbf, can't connect to that. Is it still going?

• Site had some problems this afternoon, but is up again now :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.