Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to solve a perpetual return to the setup screen?

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am unable to get out of a loop going back to the setup screen. This was not happening when I installed the software (Dreamhost) last night, however, a bug that was not letting anyone log in prompted me to do a full re-install on a clean database.

Things only got worse.

My installation (now at http://cantfix.us/chatterbox/) will write the DB and will write a config file but will not stop returning me to step one. I really like this forum's integration, it's miles ahead of bbPress. I'd really like to use it!

Any suggestions? Is there a debug mode I can enable?

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Yes in conf folder , config-defaults.php

Set debug to true , line 38 i think

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited December 2011

I found the debug... didn't end up needing it (yet) as the answer was pretty obvious in a white error screen. Running setup a second time yields this:

Fatal error: Class 'CategoryModel' not found in /.../cantfix.us/chatterbox/applications/vanilla/settings/structure.php on line 65

Has anyone seen this before?

It's in this loop...

if ($CategoryExists) {
    $CategoryModel = new CategoryModel();
    $CategoryModel->RebuildTree();
    unset($CategoryModel);
    }

So it would appear to be breaking on category creation. But why?

• edited December 2011

Incorrect post here, edited