Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Badges :) Thanks Team

Answers

• adding onto candyman

Number of visits
    .. oh darn I just forgot the other two I thought of at school today

• candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited December 2011

Maybe a badge for a nth number of badges received? Or for a number of points reached? The risk is to be redundant... but this game is very addictive!

On the other hand, on my community often organize soccer events. The winners are awarded with image.gif that I post beside their avatar in the conclusive posts with game results. It would be nice an option to assign trophies/medals by the admin without any mathematical/automatic reason.

For example: Todd could assign a specific medal to the most useful addon for Vanilla of 2011... A thing like that.

• I like number of visit.
    I would like an Ulysse prize for users that returns/posts after a long time.
    In my community there's a user/lurker that posts less than one time in a year...

• ... and a badge for the most roaming user (who uses smartphone/tablet to posts).

... and a badge for the abroad users (using IP location function)

... I can't stop!

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

Let the forum spam begin... :P

• @candyman, 6 more posts and you are done. 200 is a banned badge :D

• clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    edited December 2011

jspautsch said:
    Let the forum spam begin... :P

Yes, you need to be vary wary of not just making badges for posting content otherwise it could turn messy. A way for other plugins to add there own badges too, for example:

Signatures - Adding a signature

kPoll - Voting so many times / first vote

Kudos - Getting +1's / getting x amount of +1s

FileUpload - Upload a file

etc..

• candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited December 2011

For Kudos you intend getting x amount of +1's for a single post? I like it.
    I like kPoll badge (push users to vote) too.
    Don't like badge for Signatures.
    I'm not sure about FileUpload: could push people to full my server. It's better no...

Discovered the Combo Breaker and the Photogenic!

Unfortunately Anniversary Badge is not ready for the masses yet.

• 422422 Developer MVP

I reckon they are great fun, and nice to have an automated badge system

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited December 2011

Is after the Cheese! badge next !

• I continue here 'cause don't want to ruin the other "official" topic.

Hope that in the final version (how it will be named? Badge Plugin?) there will be the possibility to choose the type of award according personal rules, at least for the numbers of posts to write to reach some goal. It would be great if the admin could have the power to assign some badges at his will, for reasons that are different from reaching a number of views/posts.
    If the badge editor would not have this possibility, it would be nice a poll between this forum users to vote the most wanted badges (apart the existent ones).

I think that:

• number of visits badge
    • much replied thread badge

deserve a chance.

I've read somewhere that Todd want to promote positive goals only: that's probably the better way to have a clean community.
    Anyway I think that a banned badge would be useful to inform other people that an user has been banned (and, maybe, has lost a ton of points for this).
    As you know I was banned some days ago. No e-mail adviced me of that and no badge or other advice has been put on my profile page.
    It would be useful to add a "banned" writing (or a on the profile picture) to inform the community that the user is banned and, for example, can't reply to their private messages.

Just some thoughts.

• 422422 Developer MVP

you were banned from where ?

• candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited December 2011

I asked for The red badge of courage but they give me The scarlett letter, instead...

• 422422 Developer MVP

ahh lol. You Naughty thing u :)

• Love the Badges!

• I hope this application will be open source or a paid pluggin, because it will give my forum a new dimension.

• It was just deployed to this site this morning. Unfortunately it's a long way from being open sourced, but it will be available on vanillaforums.com soon.

@Lincoln

Dude, only on vanillaforums.com?

What about those who host on other server?

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2012

learn to read what you quote.

grep is your friend.

• learn to read what you quote.

ya, but i don't understand why a plugin seen fit for deployment on vanillaforums.com (paid service, on live sites) can be unfit for open source release...

why can't put alpha or beta tag to it, let those who dare to try at their own risk to do so and report bugs...

i'm not programmer, i'm asking from a consumer/user perspective...

• 422422 Developer MVP

Thats like selling concept cars for free