Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Who introduced you to Vanilla?

sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

self explanatory. lets share who introduced you to vanilla - a different from other forum scripts?

well for me i was introduced by css-tricks.com - i am a regular visitor there and checked that it uses vanilla as forum. so i tried it and liked it a lot

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP

Kriesi ( simple google will explain ) got me hooked.

• Was looking for a free open source forum that was easier to configure and looked nicer than the more mainstream forums out there.

• edited December 2011

Ben Atkin, a ruby developer and meme freak :)

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

ddumont said:
    Was looking for a free open source forum that was easier to configure and looked nicer than the more mainstream forums out there.

Similar story.. but wasn't really going for looks. Just free, Open source and stable. big plus when i saw the community behind it.

Google brought me.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Had a small forum in phpBB , and needed to set up a larger, different forum.

Went in to Cpanel to use the wizard, and found Vanilla as an option. Bit of a Google, liked what I saw, and presto, another happy user.

• Found it in Softaculous. I thought, "Hey, that looks slick" and installed it to test it out.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

A long, long search in 2009.

• candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited December 2011

Don't remember. But I dedided to give a try after reading the review on forumsoftware.org.

• Did search the google for a long time, red comparisons and tried various forums but they all were either bloated and user-unfriendly or were not customizable enough/missing an important feature (at least the free/opensource versions). I like Vanilla for it's slick user interface, lightweight design and the variety of additional addons.

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

Lincoln said:
    A long, long search in 2009.

You had to search as well ?????? :p

• wow... spammers are so smart

• ddumont said:
    Was looking for a free open source forum that was easier to configure and looked nicer than the more mainstream forums out there.

My answer here

• bh8vn said:

ddumont said:

My answer here

Same :D

• In case you see spammers : just hit the "Spam" link next to quote and the current time / date of the post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2012

sahotataran said:
    You had to search as well ?????? :p

Of course. I'm here because I searched and searched and decided Vanilla was the best forum software out there, not because I needed a job. :)