HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Minecraft Server Status Plugin

clethrillclethrill ✭✭
edited January 2012 in Feedback

Not expecting this to be popular, but I am happy to of produced my first plugin. Discussion below...

Comments

• as i said in the other discussion, thumbs up :D

• i just tried it out, sadly it BONKS when i click on minecraft server to set up the options :(

• Bonk means : get the details please

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• edited January 2012

i know, i know :)
    but i just activated it and to set up a server to look for it bonked when i clicked the dashboard link, so i am not quite sure what it is, i am thinking of trying to first put in the server infos manually and then try again.

• clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    edited January 2012

oh dear... I will have a look, it was working fine for me. Otherwise I would not of uploaded it. Yes I have managed to replicate the same problem. However, I have placed

$Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;

In my config and it isn't doing anything

I have uploaded new version, hopefully all works well now. I found another line from TopPosters which I hadn't deleted. Deleting it made the difference.

• strangely didnt work for me, the error must be something else than your plugin then.

• clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    edited January 2012

RedTwentyFour said:
    strangely didnt work for me, the error must be something else than your plugin then.

Interesting, I was just going to play skyrim but it seems more time is to be put into this.

I just tested on live site, worked fine, :( must be your side. If you do find out why do tell me.

• sure thing sir, enjoy skyrim!

• Hey. This looks promising. However how can i enter my servers details? Atm. it just says localhost, and in the plugins dashboard there is no Settings button to click.

Ty and kind regards :)

• Stubmled upon the settings page:) Its on the menu to the left under the addons section, just like other settings pages for other active plugins:) Just never noticed it before, and had used the settings buttons that show up next to the activate button on the plugin list:) Ty, works great

• Sweet no worries, I don't know how to put the settings button down there. Might have a squizz tomorrow.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Nice idea, @clethrill. Is it on GitHub?

• Lincoln said:
    Nice idea, @clethrill. Is it on GitHub?

Nope, yet to know how github works, I should probably start learning soon if I am into this programming stuff.

• @Lincoln now on github. I commited all then was like, why is it not showing up? oh wait I need to push it... I will get used to it soon.

MCServer

I will put the theme up too

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Awesome, good onya for making the leap.

• I'm just figuring some programming out. I've modified your plugin to display a dollar amount out of a dollar amount to track community donations. Way more basic than what you've done, but your clean code helped me create a new plugin. Thanks!

• How often does this ping the server? I am getting alot of "Lost connection" in console lately. From same IP, every 8 so sec

• clethrillclethrill ✭✭
    edited January 2012

rumvasen said:
    How often does this ping the server? I am getting alot of "Lost connection" in console lately. From same IP, every 8 so sec

I did some fiddling around, it runs on page load. So if you have someone loading a page about every 8 seconds, that would be it.