Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Garden Plugin ? Is there a plugin that supports Garden for any IDE ?

dodgeriddodgerid
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Simply put:

Is there say a plugin for eclipse that support gardens, or any other ide for that matter ?

I am assuming that Vanilla dev team use a particular ide setup for using garden.

I know that you do not want to say use this IDE or that IDE but do you have an IDE that you use with intellisense programmed for garden developement that you could setup as a plugin for us ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Tim and I use Netbeans and Mark uses Komodo. Both of these provide great autocomplete. @Lincoln uses Coda because it has "design flare" but it really sucks for actual development.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Tim and I use Netbeans and Mark uses Komodo. Both of these provide great autocomplete. @Lincoln uses Coda because it has "design flare" but it really sucks for actual development.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2012

Design Flare (n) 1. An emergency signaling device for when you find yourself surrounded by 20 software engineers and no one with any taste or UX experience.

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

You caught me. No UX experience at all.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Todd said:

Excellent, thank you, have downloaded NetBeans and am finding it a joy to work with, am used to ZStudio for php but wanted to keep it seperate for the framework stuff, got it setup just right.

Many Thanks

• Todd said:

Sorry to break in here, guys, but I have a question. Do your editors have the ability to search inside lots of files at the same time? or will you still use grep and other tools for that?

For example, when I want to search for "ErrorHandler" in my entire Vanilla directory, I will use my editor and it will show a list with all files containing "ErrorHandler".

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Yeah, pretty sure any of them do that.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited January 2012

Tim said:
    You caught me. No UX experience at all.

Was talking about the NetBeans team :P

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2012

A decent IDE or editor at very least will have something like grep.

grep is your friend.