Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Powered by Vanilla

ProsperProsper ✭✭
edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is it legal to remove the "Powered by Vanilla" statement on Vanilla forum software? If yes, how can I remove it from my site? Your answers will be appreciated.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• bh8vnbh8vn
    Answer ✓

It's up to you but I think it's a kind of betrayal your source.
    May be it broke the copyright law, I think

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

Check out the config files.

I think you can remove, personally i think you shouldnt

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• T_T

Why would you even want to?

• bh8vnbh8vn
    Answer ✓

It's up to you but I think it's a kind of betrayal your source.
    May be it broke the copyright law, I think

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

Check out the config files.

I think you can remove, personally i think you shouldnt

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

Just a suggestion... sign up for a Vanilla Affiliate Program, and put your referral link there, this way you and vanilla benefits! :D

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Simply remove it from default.master.php in your theme, or (less ideally) from /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php.

• i am changed word be - -> Super Super Thank you Vanilla , I wanted ^_^

• If you are using "Vanillaversion 2.0.18.4
    (The default theme for Vanilla.")

1st go to

conf...........>config-defaults.php...............>line 99 ($Configuration['Garden']['VanillaUrl'] = 'YOUR URL';

2nd
    Conf............>locale...............>Add ($Definition['Powered by Vanilla'] = 'Powered by YOUR NAME';

• i find it's not a good idea to remove the foot php code in default.master.php, this will affect the plugin "fileupload" and "emotify".

the way from Sheyad is good, I think. But I don't agree to remove the link for vanilla.org.

What I do is just to add one line above foot php code, like "miantained by xxx, copyright 2013", then adjust something on style.css.