Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Suddenly getting 'bonk' error on every page of forum : DB corrupt*

blizeHblizeH ✭✭
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've tried to run /dashboard/utility/structure/ and it says:

Incorrect information in file: './path/GDN_Session.frm'|Gdn_Database|Query|show columns from `GDN_Session` Incorrect information in file: './path/GDN_UserCategory.frm'|Gdn_Database|Query|show columns from `GDN_UserCategory` There are no database structure changes required. There may, however, be data changes.

I've also tried disabling all add-ons to no avail. And I've just updated to the very latest version of Vanilla.

For what it's worth, I've not made any changes at all to the forum for over a month and it's never done this before. The database is up and running just fine, and the admin pages load okay.

Thanks

Best Answer

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

The database became corrupt. Not a Vanilla problem I'm afraid, but I feel for your loss. Keep backups.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Answers

• You could try error logging

$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['LogEnabled'] = TRUE;
     $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['LogFile'] = 'error-log.txt';

grep is your friend.

• blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    edited January 2012

Many thanks, the error log says:

>[Garden] /hsphere/local/home/path/library/database/class.database.php, 280, Gdn_Database.Query(), Incorrect information in file: './path/GDN_UserCategory.frm', select * from GDN_UserCategory UserCategory where UserID = :UserID
  • Focus on this error message: Incorrect information in file

It is an error message that was sent to the error handler by vanilla, meaning that somewhere in the sourcecode this exact text can be found.

Find the exact text and the code surrounding that text.

Figure out, why that exact text was sent to the error handler and ultimately to the error log.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    edited January 2012

Please pardon my ignorance but I'm not sure where to start with that :( I've tried uploading over all of the files with no joy, and I'm now speaking with my host to check there isn't a database error - which there isn't. Ahh!

Running this in phpMyAdmin:

SELECT * FROM 'GDN_UserCategory' LIMIT 0 , 30

returns the same error:
    1033 - Incorrect information in file: './path/GDN_UserCategory.frm'

damn!

• had to restore my database. thousands of posts lost ;_;

• There was an error rendering this rich post.

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

The database became corrupt. Not a Vanilla problem I'm afraid, but I feel for your loss. Keep backups.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Have you checked with your host if they have a database backup? Mine automatically does one on a daily and weekly basis.

• Thanks guys, just a weekly (kinda) basis it seems, had to kick back to 11th Jan ;_;

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2012

Yep really important to back up before. Oh well it happens.

I should have clicked these where mysql files that is one of their extensions.

11 Jan not to bad, all thing considering.

grep is your friend.