Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Anonymouse plugin doesn't work for 2.0.18? (continued thread)*

ercatliercatli
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I was using 2.0.17, but I decided to upgrade to 2.0.18 so that the Buttons plugin would work. But I have created some problems for myself - Anonymouse and Google signin plugins no longer work, and I see Google Signin is no longer even listed.

For a small forum, facilitating guests and newcomers to post using these two plugins can be very helpful (plus a Facebook signin plugin would be great!). Does anyone have any plans to fix up these plugins, or would I be better to reinstall 2.0.17 and do without the Buttons?

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

Google signin is not in the pluign repository becuase it is a native plugin that comes with Vanilla. It should work, and with the native OpenID.

You will have to talk to @S about the Anonymous plugin.

I created a different plugin that allows registered users to post anonymously:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/hiddenuserpost-plugin

grep is your friend.

Answers

• Can you give as much details as you can about the fact that the plugin is not working. Error messages?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• No error messages. It just puts the signin box on screen when you try to post as a guest.

The problem seems to be that the settings are not "sticking", so it keeps reverting to having none of the categories checked in the dashboard.

• Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Are there any alternatives to Anonymous and Google signin plugins, which don't work with Vanilla 2.0.18? Or are they going to be repaired? Or do I have to go back to 2.0.17 if I want them??

I'd really appreciate any help available please. Thanks.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2012 Answer ✓

Google signin is not in the pluign repository becuase it is a native plugin that comes with Vanilla. It should work, and with the native OpenID.

You will have to talk to @S about the Anonymous plugin.

I created a different plugin that allows registered users to post anonymously:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/hiddenuserpost-plugin

grep is your friend.

• It turns out that I was a dummy! (It happens all too often!!) I now have Google Signin working, thanks.

I will follow up re Anonymous. Your plugin is an interesting one but not what I was looking for thanks. My objective is not so much to allow anonymous comments, but to reduce the barriers to casual visitors making a comment.

Thanks for a prompt reply.

• same problem here. Google Plus not getting integrated. so sad:(

• The settings are "sticking". The problem is with reading the checked categories

public function PostController_Render_Before($Sender) {
            $Session = Gdn::Session();
            if ($Session->IsValid()) return;

$Sender->AddCssFile('plugins/Anonymouse/anonymouse.css');
            $Sender->AddJsFile('plugins/Anonymouse/anonymouse.js');
            $Sender->Form->SetValue('YourName', $this->CookieName());

if (strtolower($Sender->RequestMethod) == 'discussion') {
                $CategoryModel = new Gdn_Model('Category');
                $Permission = self::Config('Category', ArrayValue('Vanilla.Discussions.View', $Session->GetPermissions()));
                $CategoryModel->SQL->WhereIn('CategoryID', $Permission);
                $Sender->CategoryData = $CategoryModel->GetWhere(array('AllowDiscussions' => 1));
            }

}

Something with the category model when reading categories, Maybe some one better versed in the category selection can give an answer.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.