Fork me on GitHub
Current releases are 2.1.5 (31 Oct 2014) and 2.0.18.13 (5 Aug 2014)

Ready for 2.1? Find out if your plugins are compatible. 2.0 will no longer be updated after Dec 2014.

Vanilla Tutorial/Documental Site

dodgeriddodgerid
edited August 2013 in Tutorials

I mentioned in a post a little while ago about vanilla having a wiki style documentation like another well know software publisher, simply because it attracts information from coders in a simplified form making it easier for novice programmers to find there legs within the code.

It was a great springboard for me and really got me into that software, even though all I knew about php before then was the syntax and the basics, what attracted me was the layman like examples of code that enabled me to build more than a hello world plugin and I got brave enough to actually write a cross site authentication plugin that allowed users to all be registered in one database and authenticate everywhere or for each site to replicate signups across the network of sites (and a few bits besides) but I could not have done it without the examples that made me brave.

Lots of people have good Ideas that never get programmed simply because as soon as they start looking at how a particular system works it gets confusing without good sign posts and they run.

What I am looking for is support for this idea as we all know the Vanilla crew are busy people, are there any app or plugin programmers out there willing to contribute to this site if i create it ?

Are there any people out there willing to help maintain it ?

What do you think of the idea ?

IMHO I think it could be a really good thing for vanilla in helping people build the confidence to give it a go.

What do you think ?

Link to Vanilla Wiki site:
http://vanillawiki.homebrewforums.net/index.php/Main_Page

Trelos77dudieboyjspautschJongoswwwwemixinOzzyCzechSchneiderSonicNebulapawandubeyKezzBbohsevichweirong01chathura99ddjamelUnderDogofhousemagrufCondetHCE

Best Answer

Comments