Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to enable curl on Windows 2003?

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have installed Vanilla on a Windows 2003 server. In the php.ini I have the following entry:

extension=php_curl.dll

I guess that means that as far as PHP is concerned, curl is enabled. I'm not sure if there is a way to verify this. In Vanilla, plugins like Facebook authentication cannot be enabled saying "This plugin requires curl.". Google Sign In can be enabled, but when I attempt to use it I get a "Bonk".

I've downloaded the latest version of curl for Windows, but it is just an exe file. What am I supposed to do with it? Any suggestions on how enable curl?

Best Answer

• JongosJongos
    Answer ✓

no problem...

you have to restart apache everytime you make change to php.ini.

restart apache == reload php

Answers

• JongosJongos
    edited January 2012

in your web root, create a file called phpinfo.php

in that file paste this :

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

now go to your browser and direct it to that file

for example : http://localhost/phpinfo.php

see if curl mentioned anywhere in the page.

You can also check the php.ini file used by your php.

sometime a stack could have many php.ini but only one is used by the system.

• Thanks. I did that already and curl is not mentioned anywhere. The script confirms that the right php.ini is used (the one that has that curl extension enabled).

• On wallpaperama.com/forums/how-to-find-out-if-php-is-compiled-with-curl-extension-installed-enabled-t1576.html I found a script that can be used to verify if curl is enabled and it appears that it is. Yet, the Vanilla plugins don't agree with it.

• Well, it turns out that you need to restart the Apache server to get it to realize that curl is enabled. I did that and now the Facebook plugin doesn't complain anymore. Thanks, Jongos for your time.

• JongosJongos
    Answer ✓

no problem...

you have to restart apache everytime you make change to php.ini.

restart apache == reload php