Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Which plugin for the Views/Comments count

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Which plugin do I need for the Views/Comments per discussion like on this site.
I'm using Vote but don't like the Sort by vote feature :(

Answers

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

you can hide which ever parts you dont like using CSS. the plugin here is customised Vote plugin - i think which doesnot have VOTING but all the rest

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I'm not familiar with css really & don't have much time to look into it. Could someone send me a version of the voting plugin with voting disabled?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@francm

You're too busy, so you want someone to do it or you?

Unless you are prepared to pay for someone's time, you may not have much luck.

• edited January 2012

I didn't say I was too busy - I said that I'm not familiar with css and don't have much time to look into learning css... not now at least... Believe me, if I knew css, I'd do this myself.
    If someone wants money to do this, let me know. It sounds pretty simple.
    Aren't forums here to help each other out? That's what I usually do on forums.
    Anyways... just looking for someone to help out. If no one wants to help, I'll just have to live with it as is for now.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

@francm delivering completed, implementable code is not typically how we help out, unless we have done it for our own purposes previously.

But I will help...

In your themes folder there should be a folder for the theme you are using on your site. inside the folder there should be a design folder, inside the design folder is custom.css

open that file and you will see lots of little css blocks. each one represents instructions on how to format some specific object or object group in the view.

you will need to find or add a block which refer to the div/class for the items you want to turn off, then set display: none; inside that block.

the only thing for you to do is to figure out the div/class ids you want to manipulate. You can use inspect element inside google chrome to get that info easily.

• I would like to which plugin too