Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Seriously Flawed

The whole concept of how this phorum should work is completely flawed. For Instance, the activity, when you disable it, instead of the word link "activity" not being viewable, it shows and when people click on it, they see a message stating they are blocked. Take it off from view, duh. Seriously? You disable commenting and people can still comment on other peoples activity, even though activity is suppose to be disabled, but you can't reply to discussions. I don't see 500,000 people liking this software. To much wrong with it. I remember trying it before as well and having nothing but problems. Thought I would revisit it hoping it has been updated, but you trade 1 problem being fixed for 2 new problems every time you update. Sorry, can't be satisfied. Last time I used it, people couldn't even log in and replying would work sporatically. Fix your shit.

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2012

Do you develop your own software, or contribute anything back?

if you put the default template in your theme view, you can edit anything in the menu.

Commenting has nothign to do with activity.

If you don't have permission to view somethign it doesn't mean it is disabled.

grep is your friend.

• edited February 2012

hrmmm

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

develop yourself. nothing is perfect - it is made perfect putting time in it. developers are already doing their best. - dont suggest! - play with it find the fix with it if you can and share here with users and developers. all you see is one problem with it and dont see the features they are already providing.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

trolololol

• it's a small problem...

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

I think there's a superfluous O in the user's name.

• 422422 Developer MVP

I think myjuneaucounty should be upgraded to dev

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

Congrats on 1000 posts @422

• 422422 Developer MVP

Oh yeah haha thanks :)

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

@422 1000 post!!! are you an addict!? :P hehehe congrats!