Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Help with email

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I need to make it so it will only send X amount of emails a minute to save server responce time. Can anyone help me?

Answers

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

@emery change the topic first to something relevant please so that someone can understand the discussion from the topic name and help you out with it :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Is that better? :P

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

better and a reply came too :P

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I do now own the server though, i only have access to the one folder, will it still work?

• jungicajungica New
    edited February 2012

or use SMTP, this is useful to perform a sending operation at the maximum possible speed allowed by the SMTP server antispam restrictions. Here’s the meaning of each options:

-Pause between messages: the number of seconds elapsing between message sending.

-Pause between blocks: the number of messages elapsing between each block of messages.

-Messages per block: the number of messages sent in each block

-Timeout: the maximum number of seconds after which the message sending is aborted

-Connections: the maximum number of simultaneous connections, meaning the number of messages simultaneously sent.

-Further attempts in case of error: If the SMTP server or the recipient’s server (for a direct send) doesn’t accept the message, the software can wait a certain number of seconds and retry sending the message one or more times.

-Pause between attempts: the number of seconds of delay before retrying to send an unaccepted message.

• I can't use SMTP on my server :(