Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can't create categories.

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Just did a fresh clean install of Vanilla, but am having trouble creating categories... as a matter of fact, I can't create any! It just returns the "Bonk" error. All I've been able to do is edit the default general discussion category.

Everything else is working well. Any pointers as to what is causing this?

Best Answer

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2012

we can give pointers without the error.

Set

$Configuration['Garden']['Debug'] = TRUE;
    $Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'derror.master.php';

in config

grep is your friend.

• Thank you for that tip! Here is the out of adding a new category:

Duplicate entry '2147483647' for key 'PRIMARY'

insert GDN_Category (UrlCode, AllowDiscussions, Name, Description, InsertUserID, UpdateUserID, DateInserted, DateUpdated) values (:UrlCode, :AllowDiscussions, :Name, :Description, :InsertUserID, :UpdateUserID, :DateInserted, :DateUpdated)
    The error occurred on or near: /html/forums/library/database/class.database.php

275:
    276: if (!is_object($PDOStatement)) {
    277: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('PDO Statement failed to prepare', $this->ClassName, 'Query', $this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo())), E_USER_ERROR);
    278: } else if ($PDOStatement->execute($InputParameters) === FALSE) {
    279: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);
    280: }
    281: } else {
    282: $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);
    283: }

• x00x00 MVP
    edited February 2012 Answer ✓

Ah the root category is -1, some version of mysql screw up the auto increment.

Solution
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/151451#Comment_151451

grep is your friend.

• Thank you, I will follow that process.