Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What plugins are used here on the Vanilla Forums Community?

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi. Is there a list of plugins used here on these forums somewhere? I tried searching, but couldn't find it. It would be nice to have that! Maybe uder Documentation?

Best Answer

Answers

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Why not Vanilla Anti-Spam. It looks better than Stop Forum spam.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Good answer cheers Todd

• Great, thanks! But how about the "Like" buttons on comments?

• forteller said:
    Great, thanks! But how about the "Like" buttons on comments?

like buttons is not yet released but the aolee guy have a similar plugin like that, saw it here http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19034/comment-on-discussions-like

• Is the Open ID Plugin no longer available? I can not seem to locate it.

• @CellaScarpi said:
    Is the Open ID Plugin no longer available? I can not seem to locate it.

It is available by default in the Vanilla core.

• What about User Reactions (Flagging)? Is there such plugin? And if not, what are the plans for releasing it?

• Flagging = Badges plugin and unfortunately that's for the hosted version, not for the open source (free) version.
    There are some users who want to re-create it for the free version though.

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

I'm not sure that is entirely correct: "Badges" and "Reactions" are separate plugins, both available only in the hosted version.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Oh, lol, whoopz

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

@Kasper said:
    I'm not sure that is entirely correct: "Badges" and "Reactions" are separate plugins, both available only in the hosted version.

Beside these two, which other plugins are hosted only plugins?

Thanks

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

edited: see kaspers comment below.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

Thanks but that link didn't tell me which plugins are exclusively for hosted Vanilla.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

What good would be the name of a plugin that you can't download? Plugins extend Vanilla with features and features are described in that link above. But if you need plugin names, you can look at the html source code. There are some plugin names "hidden" in the js an css sources...

@chanh‌ You can see a list of all the available plugins here: http://vanillaforums.com/info/plugins. Compare that to the plugins available in the addons section and I think you have your answer.

@Kasper That is helpful, thanks

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2014

@chanh

now that you know, what will you do with that information? curious. As I thought the same thing as r_j but edited it out of my post. just wondering what seeing what you can't have (unless you use hosting) influences your actions or helps you.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

The reason I was rediscover Vanilla is through what is available on this site and later found out that most of it here is not available for download but can't really find any information about the hosted plugins so I just has been wonder about it and didn't think to ask until this thread so I did ask just to answer to my questions.