Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Sitemaps: Not sure if it works

2»

Comments

• Okay, after further research I found that the right form to ask if a plugin is enabled (Vanilla Forums Version 2.0.11) is this:

if (!C('EnabledPlugins.Sitemaps')) return;

After I changed all the lines it works.
  • AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    Hmmm... still not working for me...
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Sitemaps 0.9 Released

- should fix the issues reported above.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• fyi @Tim sitemaps generated include private posting (i.e. threads in forums that only administrators have access to )
  • Does not seem to be working for me
    would the fact that I have vanilla in a subdirectory of the domain make a difference?
  • edited December 2010
    If the plugin does not update the sitemap,

search:
    public function PostController_AfterDiscussionSave_Handler(&$Sender) { $Discussion = $Sender->EventArguments['Discussion']; $DiscussionPostDate = strtotime($Discussion->DateInserted); $DiscussionPostIndex = (int)date('Y',$DiscussionPostDate) + (int)date('d',$DiscussionPostDate); $LastDiscussionIndex = C('Plugin.Sitemaps.LastDiscussionIndex',0); if ($DiscussionPostIndex > $LastDiscussionIndex) { SaveToConfig('Plugin.Sitemaps.LastDiscussionIndex', $DiscussionPostIndex); SaveToConfig('Plugin.Sitemaps.Regenerate', TRUE); } } public function DiscussionController_BeforeDiscussionRender_Handler(&$Sender) { if (!C('Plugin.Sitemaps.Regenerate')) return; RemoveFromConfig('Plugin.Sitemaps.Regenerate'); $Sender->AddJsFile($this->GetResource('js/sitemaps.js',FALSE,FALSE)); }

and replace with:
    public function PostController_AfterDiscussionSave_Handler(&$Sender) { $this->Build(); }

Now you can set chmod 444 on file config.php to improve safety.
  • If the ones here don't work, there are some free ones available at http://www.freesitemapsubmit.com/ . Hopefully they will work well for you.
  • Shaman's advice helped my sitemap start rebuilding after a new discussion topic is posted. It only seemed to include things from the past two days though, not all the topics that weren't put on the map during the two weeks it wasn't working properly.
  • phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    Ieek, isn't this an approved plugin from t? Doesn't seem to work for a lot of people. Maybe it would be helpful to set its state back to "unaproved" so that people are warned.
    • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Ieek, isn't this an approved plugin from t? Doesn't seem to work for a lot of people. Maybe it would be helpful to set its state back to "unaproved" so that people are warned.
    Was just about to say..

• Doesn't work for me either. How is this an approved plugin?
  • Ieek, isn't this an approved plugin from t? Doesn't seem to work for a lot of people. Maybe it would be helpful to set its state back to "unaproved" so that people are warned.
    Was just about to say..

whats the status of this plugin? should i try it out? i tried it int eh past and it didnt (seem to) work - but its still "approved"
  • Doesn't work for me either. How is this an approved plugin?
    Totally agree... Not working for me either (vanilla 2.0.17.10)!
  • RajioRajio
    edited July 2011
    I'm still getting a sitemap linking too an xml file containing nothing but

Code404/Code Page not found.

any progress on the update @Tim?

Page not found.
    </Exception

Not working in beta version

• xsilentxsilent New
    edited August 2011
    it works on me.. I show you how to do this.

1. go to http://www.yourdomain.com/plugin/sitemaps/build
    2. go to your home/patch/to/vanilla/cache/Sitemaps/ to check is the file xml available on there. (remember the name of it, example: sitemap.76ef4bd7cef746bd79c071e5d77cd6e91b68e6ec.xml)
    3. go to dashboard -> routes
    4. add route
    5. at the field of routes expresion,just write sitemap
    6. at the target field, just type your xml in the cache/Sitemaps/ folder, its like cache/Sitemaps/sitemap.76ef4bd7cef746bd79c071e5d77cd6e91b68e6ec.xml
    7. choose the type internal then save
    8. then you just type www.yourdomain.com/sitemap
    9. now you see how it works.

you have to change the name file on the routes when you update your xml. cause it couldnt be auto update.

just type www.yourdomain.com/plugin/sitemaps/build when the time you want to update your xml.

My vanilla version is 2.0.17.10
    if you dont believe it works on me, you can check my sitemap in http://www.gudangartikel.net/sitemap

Hope this will help you and give you the vision.
  • edited September 2011
    Hi all,

I think I found a solution to this. Having a working sitemap is pretty fundamental.

So I struggled a bit with this one and after some experiments and finally figured out what the issues might be.

1. I checked for case matching, Sitemaps might be different to sitemaps. I extracted the .zip file into my plugins folder and it was uppercase. Same when you apply the rules. check its cache/Sitemaps/sitemap.$1.xml with capital S.

2. Navigating to the urls http://pathtovanilla/sitemap.index.xml rasied 404 error. I checked the cache folder and nothing!? I could also not build new sitemap for I got 404 error. Now I applied Shaman's fix and still got no 404 error but got something in the cache folder.

3. Having right routes made me think. This must work but why do I still get a 404 error. Only one culprit to blame comes to mind here so to test my theory I tried http://pathtovanilla/index.php?p=/sitemap.index.xml and lo and behold it worked! mod-rewrite!! Hate it! Looking in my root folder I found a neat .htaccess file with all the rules in there already! All I had to do to give me nice url's was to add "AllowOverride All" to my site config file and Bobs your uncle it all worked!

I hope this helped.

BTW my vanilla was 2.0.17.10 and looking back I think with rewrite enabled you would not need Shaman's patch.
  • aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Just go to ** http://www.yourdomain.com/plugin/sitemaps/build** after enabling this addon. Then it should work.

One fundamental question - The priority of old posts is set to 0.4 which is pretty low though priority of recent posts is 0.8.

Isnt this be a problem? Will Google stop showing my old posts as results? How to manually change it?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

aery

I've just installed the plugin, enabled it, checked the config file to confirm it is enabled, done what you said re: build, and got the same as others report: Page not found.

Strange that it is working for some but not others.

• @whu606 it doesnt work for me either i have the latest version. i wonder what i've done wrong since this is a fresh installation i have.