Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Discussion Sorting - Top Discussion Posts

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've done some searching but can't really find a solution to what I want to do.

I want to be able to have the top ten most popular Discussions to display as the top ten posts, but then the newest posts to be below those most popular posts.

I hope my description makes sense. If not just let me know.

Answers

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

how will you define most popular - most commented Discussions or Most Viewed Discussions?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Most viewed. On my forum on the top there is a tab that will take you to the /discussions/popular page which displays all the top viewed discussions. I'd like the top ten to be able to be displayed on the normal discussion page the displays all the discussions so my users can see which are the most viewed discussions. Does that make sense?

Thanks

• This is what I mean if my discription doesn't make sense.

The top few posts to be the most popular posts on the site and then just the newest posts on the forum.

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012

i did something similar here

i customised my default.master.php to show popular posts - etc below the main discussions panel only on home page.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Yes that is exactly what I want, I don't have time to take a look at this code but was this hard?

• brainolutionbrainolution ✭✭
    edited March 2012

@sahotataran - I was looking for exactly this. Is it possible for you to share your code (how you implemented the discussion/top page)? Sorry I'm still relatively new to Vanilla. Thanks.

BTW, the way you've laid out the menu bar at the top is really slick.