Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Styling Issue

Answers

• edited February 2012

It's not even using it, or it's not supposed to be anymore. I deleted the rel to it. Thanks for pointing that out. I feel foolish now for missing it. That's worked.

Now just 2 questions, fixing the inline on my nav and adding a background to the categorie titles.

Also, so I understand. Does !important; make it so it over-rides everything else?

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited February 2012

Customary to click LIKE if you have received good advice, so far fixed a heap of issues for you.

Your site uses style.css and custom.css be careful.

Regarding other issues, sorry not at pc now so cannot inspect src code.

Good luck.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• It's fine, thanks for the help so far and of course I'll click like. I just forgot there was a function.

Cheers!

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited February 2012

as previously stated you have class .menu

but no declaration for it in css

you need to do styles for menu menu ul and menu ul li

and dont wrap divs in spans !

• I have .Menu ul li { display:inline } in my custom.css ?

• 422422 Developer MVP

case sensitive

change Menu to menu

• Wow it was that freaking simple? A capital M? I could of sworn it didn't matter in CSS?

• 422422 Developer MVP

no it does.

Plus I wouldnt call it menu I would rename it .mymenu and style accordingly, otherwise you will get confused

• Odd, I've never ran into any problems with capitalisation before until now. Oh well, you learn something new every day! Thanks for all your help man, I've changed that yeah. I'll have to try figure out the categorie title thing.

Off the top of your head I dont suppose you know why my:

{if $User.NotSignedIn} Test {/if}
    Wont show? But does work because it disappears if you're logged in.

• 422422 Developer MVP

in

.MyMenu ul li {
        display: inline;
    }

add

padding-left: 10px;

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited February 2012

duplicate

• Thanks for that, I was just going to use   but that's easier. Ah no problem. Time to google the crap out of it.

• 422422 Developer MVP

lol ok good luck, @sahotataran could help, hes good with that shizznit

• Tah I'll give him a look up. Last quick question I just ran into. What's the easiest way to link to an outside link? Say I want to link www.amphicraft.com, do I just need to add the http? So it doesn't think it's in the forum root?

• Nevermind, I answered my own question. :)

• 422422 Developer MVP

External links require http you can also add target="_blank". We use a you are being redirected interface on our main sites, a la deviantart style.

You could also add a class to ext links and display ext link icon inline, a la wikipedia

• 422422 Developer MVP

• Thank's I'll give it all a look. :)

• Dont suppose you know how to fix the last problem I can see. If you login, I think theres a test account "usr - test & pass - test". Click profile, it's not right.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited February 2012

@amphios

You can change how elements behave on specific pages - Discussion, Profile etc.

I think if you make the width of the Panel element on the Profile page smaller that should do it:

.Profile #Panel .Box {width:123px;}

The 123px is obviously random - you'll need to work out the right px.

If you need to change any other elements specifically on that page, just prefix the rule with .Profile