Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Displays fine in IE9 & Firefox, but not in Chrome

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

The header is messed up. I deleted the INI files in cache and also the .tpl.php files in Smarty. I've deleted temporary internet files and cleared my browser's cache, to no avail.

This is what is displaying in Chrome:

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Post site link we can probably help better then

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• It's a newly installed vanilla forum that I imported the data from phpBB3. It's completely stock.

It looks fine until you login to the forums with my admin account, otherwise I would post the link. Regular users look fine.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited February 2012

Looks like certain elements are not styled correctly for guests. Cannot help without link and or test account. As i dont use this theme.

Good luck

• It looks fine with a moderator account or user, but with the Admin account, there are extra links on the top header, which I think is pushing it to a new line in Chrome.

Admin has Dashboard and Activity links. Everyone else does not have those, so it appears to display correctly. I used Chrome to inspect element and deleted the Dashboard link and everything gets moved up to where it should be.

Not sure how to fix this without breaking the other browsers.

• 422422 Developer MVP

In firefox use firebug inspect element u think is causing trouble. Usually things like this a height attribute has been missed. Webkit isnt as forgiving as moz

• I didn't see anything checking. I think maybe making the text smaller, or making the header stretch all the way across the top of the page will fix it. People with longer usernames will most likely run into this same issue.

• The problem is the Mark All Viewed plugin.
    I recommend removing the Mark All Viewed menu from the header to the sidebar or elsewhere. You do that by editing the plugin.