Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What is your plugin wish list? Let's make it come true!

Comments

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    I am working thru the list as voted here:

http://www.google.com/moderator/#16/e=30d27

Those two were not voted on/submitted to the list. It now is. Sorry. Maybe someone will take it up :)
  • One thing that is needed is a means to alphabetically sort the categories its a right pain shifting them about manually when you have a huge amount of categories.
  • One plugin I miss from Vanilla 1, is the plugin to manage the main menu. Being able to change the menu order, enable or hide items, and add new menu items that link to arbitrary URLs, was great.

If this could then extend to multiple menus, then I would be in dreamland ;-)
  • @judgej : im also looking for a menu manager plugin :( sad it's not yet available in vanilla 2
  • friend liste feature
    vote for my idea here http://goo.gl/mod/30La
  • guys, i am very new here. However, I love the forum so much!

What about payment plugin? For example, we want a certain discussion to require premium access.

Just a thought.
  • I would (just lik bobtheman) really like a mass user management plugin!

I have a rather large list of users and posts from our in-house developed webapp I really want to import into Vanilla, but haven't found any elegant solution to this :(

It would be really nice one could import CSV-files with only username/pass/avatar url/gender!

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

The biggest vote has been for automatic updates. I had started working on it, but stopped when I was under the impression a "core" version was coming. I also had taken a break from hosting my forum. I may be starting a new forum shortly and if so it will be powered by Vanilla. This one plugin has been on my wishlist for a while, so when I get some time, I will take another crack at it...

• real time viewer on each category plugin

• alanemkay said:
    real time viewer on each category plugin

elucidate

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrine said:

alanemkay said:
    real time viewer on each category plugin

elucidate

we can see real time total of members viewing the category soething like this:

• "Real-Time". How would that be possible? Without a refresh on the users side that keeps on hitting the page. Because once the page is loaded knowledge of the the user viewing the page is effectively gone. They could still be on the page for hours but not clicking any discussions. You could only get an approximation just the way who's online is (or so I assume), assume they are logged on and hit the category within a certain amount of time or tally the ip hits to that category within a certain amount of time. It would always be inaccurate.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

ditto this: menu manager plugin

I've been busy writing an improved search plugin this week. It is based on the sphinx search engine. I am quite pleased with how things are progressing and hope to give it to a few people to try in the coming weeks. Sphinx is just so powerful that I am able to do a lot of things with it. I am also working on a feature that StackOverflow uses on their 'start a new discussion form'. What it will do is show a list of common threads with respect to what the user is putting into the discussion title in real time. This feature is a must-have for myself and anyone else who is annoyed by repetitive questions on a forum.

I built it for Vanilla 2.x, but should work with Vanilla 1.x assuming the database layout is the same.

You can pretty much expect all queries to take <6ms, depending on hardware/# of rows, but I don't think there are a lot of Vanilla forums with 500M+ rows of data.

The 'Posted by Member' and 'Containing Tags' are auto complete boxes. There are some other options that I have yet to add.

The front-end is integrated with JQuery-UI, allowing anyone to change a theme with a few lines of edits.

Here are some progress pics of my early work:

• 422422 Developer MVP

On hover show latest post in that category i would guess. This was a cool vb feature.

I was toying with totally flipping the forum on its head and use quicksand style.... Hmmmm

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

@mcu_hq

the sphinx images you posted look great.
    is it possible for you share a link to your forum and/or test forum?

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

peregrine said:
    @mcu_hq

the sphinx images you posted look great.
    is it possible for you share a link to your forum and/or test forum?

You can search here: http://mcuhq.com/forums/search/

You may want to search for titles/posts for words to search for but here are a few:

test, sphinx, vanilla, crap, dog, search

Most of the filters do not work right now though....@422 has a good idea of the hover thing...I'm working on that.

Basically this plugin will be a plugin within itself. It will allow any plugin to hook onto it and perform searches whether they be full text or simply filtering. It will be very powerful and useful for people who wish to perform queries such as:

Top 20 related titles to the currently viewed discussion, sorted by time, only match 3 words and only show results by certain user groups

Anyways, it can be very flexible and extremely fast.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

I wish there was a way to unaccept an answer and accept a different one that is better, or allow multiple accepts (with the plugin installed on this board).

I also wish there was a plugin on this board randomly bumped this message every few days? :)

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17954/food-for-thought-forum-etiquette#Item_29

• 422422 Developer MVP

Lol cheers for the plug.

I would like, report to act like codecanyon forums, when a user posts spam, and we click as spam, we should.

1 give reason why.

2 the spam post immediately gets replaced with a moderation message until it is reviewed by staff

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• CaioCaio
    edited April 2012

Badges and reactions like only hosted users have and install plugins through dashboard

• CaioCaio
    edited April 2012
    • I would also really like built in support for ads (both direct and like google adsense) and premium accounts.
    • And it wouldn't hurt to allow users traditional style, vanilla style, or their own through a simple UI so that people without programming knowledge could choose their style.
    • I'm thinking of these like crazy now, haha. And support for other captchas like solvemedia without programming.
    • Add aditional requirements to registration (again without programming knowledge)
    • Add/make users agree to a privacy policy as well as a Terms of service (the privacy policy should be editable)
    • make terms of service editable.
      I will post more as I think of them.