Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change/Add profile picture -no option for members

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited March 2012

I reckon your on the right track.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• OnlyAnExcuseOnlyAnExcuse ✭✭
    edited March 2012

Right, I can see that when I moved the users in, all the roles were reset. i had to edit these to make them 'normal' again and grant them all permissions.

What if I take the 'standard' roles from the 'new' dB I made from the fresh install, and overwrote the ones on the site with them (the ones which were wiped)?

There's a clear difference in them in the database as shown in SS below.

Only thing holding me back is the 'fresh' install doesn't have a keyholder role? I assume that was a role from conversion where I had to name my admin account.

I could do this by SQL. Just have to brush up on it. lol - or export it and choose the options to write, if I remember right.

• 422422 Developer MVP

My sql skills are very limited. Send x00 a message, or Todd , Tim or Lincoln.

• Will do. Used SQL to replace roles with default ones. All members now don't have a role, there was a way to fix that and had used it before - still can't find it in the forums but will. Still, if I make a user a 'member' they still can't add/change photo...

@x00 can you shed any light on this?

• 422422 Developer MVP

You have got curl enabled ?

• Used method in this link: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/18042

To assign all users as 'members' but still not able to add a picture.

I'll check now, i'm pretty certain it is.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited March 2012

userpics is writeable ?

in db for GDN_User what is in photo column for your users ? just null ?

SHould be set at: Photo varchar(255)

edited March 2012

yes - all of them are 'null' except mines, which has the file of my avatar

is that what i'd replace 'null' with, 'Photo varchar(255)'? or just 'varchar(255)'

edited March 2012

My SQL is rustier than the Titanic's hull, would this query do the job?

UPDATE GDN_User SET Photo = REPLACE(Photo, 'NULL', 'varchar(255)')

Edit - it doesn't work. i've tried putting Photo varchar(255) in to the Photo field of that profile in the database (replacing NULL) and it shows an image (well, an image which can't be displayed in Internet Explorer, with red cross) but still no option to alter.

It seems to think that's an image path, as I checked the image source.

• Look at the contents of the "photo" field in the "GDN_User" table of a user that has a working foto.

Compare those contents to the field of a user that has the non-working foto

You will probably see that the contents of the non-working foto is exactly the text
    'varchar(255)' and that it should be something else, for example 'onlyanexcuse.jpg'

Figure out exactly what you want to do and it will be easily fixable, but from what I can see in this thread I cannot help you yet.

By the way : varchar(255) is a fieldtype and the length of that fieldtype, it's not something you want to put in a database field ('Photo'), because that does not make sense.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Yes apologies. Photo is field name.

• @underdog I see what you mean. The main issue is that no users have the facility to add a pic in their profile. As admin, I do. I bet it ends up being something simple! My first screenshots show the problem.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Just a punt in the dark ...

You hvant got display:none set via usergroup id have you, via src code of a member logged in, at profile.

• Had a look there, there's no html for the photo edit options there - Popup EditAccountLink, Popup PasswordLink and PreferencesLink are all present.

and no display:none in the css.

• Checked the 'edit' option for profile in permissions. This gives them the option.

Can anyone confirm this only applies to their own profiles?

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

That's the way it should be, on a default install the Edit Profile permission is checked.

• Well got there in the end. Still, managed to get the permissions sorted and learned a little more. Thanks everyone :)

• 422422 Developer MVP

What was it ?

• Permissions for members - the Edit checkbox in the profile row. Wasn't working before but is now.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Wasnt that my first suggestion , lol. Glad ur sorted.