Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

404 after editing homepage/url

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, i'm trying to embed vanilla in wordpress, the embed itself is done and working properly, but when i try to change the permalinks in vanilla, i have a 404 error. I do have the .htaccess in the root of vanilla (it is in a subdir, wordpress is in /).
Also, if a try to change the homepage of vanilla, for example displaying /categories/all, I have the 404 error too, it works only when selecting /discussions

here's the link for the embed page http://bit.ly/wNhhH4 , vanilla is located here http://bit.ly/zPJelM

here's my htaccess

# Original
# If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine On
   # Certain hosts may require the following line.
   # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. 
   # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
   RewriteBase /forum-londra
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

i dont know if you need the "routes" settings

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2012

just comment the line RewriteBase /forum-londra like so # RewriteBase /forum-londra
    most likely you don't need it.

grep is your friend.

• edited March 2012

I've tried that too, with no success.
    I also tried to add, in the routes, DefaultController with target categorie/tutti (rather than categories/all) and i have 404, but if i go to /categories/all it is working, so i think it is something with permissions? (htaccess is 755, i tried with 777 and it's the same)

edit- i tried with a new installation on a localserver, and it's the same. When i change the permalinks to something different than the default (ie from discussions to discussioni), it gives 404 :(

• ive decided to give up and re-try customizing bbpress