Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[BUG] !!! Vanilla unregistered user access to control panel

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I don't know what happened, but i have unregistered access to control panel in main forum page. Maybe this bug appears after resetting all administrative roles by default settings.

Best Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓

Next, try disabling all plugins.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited March 2012 Answer ✓

You've set your default roles incorrectly. (see /dashboard/role/defaultroles)

For the first part, check only "Member". For the second part, check only "Guest".

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Glad to help.

I don't understand your new question, and have never heard of Pagelines.

Answers

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@rgbcmykable You probably have set guest permissions incorrectly under Roles & Permissions. Try unchecking all permissions for the Guest role except "View" on the select things you want Guests to be allowed to view.

• Guest role have only "View" permissions. It is "Garden" themes bug. I sent link for You in private

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓

Next, try disabling all plugins.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

You've set your default roles incorrectly. (see /dashboard/role/defaultroles)

For the first part, check only "Member". For the second part, check only "Guest".

• All normal. Thank you very much. I use the framework Pagelines. Could you comment on the prospect of the forum and the framework, if possible.

• prospect perspective, of course

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Glad to help.

I don't understand your new question, and have never heard of Pagelines.

• I thought that you know about this. This is a framework for Wordpress, and they recommend that it is your forum. I thought that this area will be developed jointly. Thank you again.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I'd never heard of it til today, sorry. We haven't done anything specifically with them, but Vanilla's built-in embed features means it can be integrated pretty much anywhere.