Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] Captcha not loading/refreshing

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

With anonymouse, if the user enters an incorrect/does not enter a captcha code, the image is either not reloading or disappearing altogether, and I have no idea why.

Any thoughts?

Best Answer

• bh8vnbh8vn
    Answer ✓

Sorry I reply the vanilla auto email sender ;(
    Simply go to my site: http://bh8.vn, go to a discussion page and view the source, save the anonymous.js of my site and replace your old js with mine, it will work, sorry I can show you in detail, i reply by mobile.

Answers

• It is a jquery conflict, let me know your site

• edited March 2012

(deleted)

And thanks!

• edited March 2012

Anonymouse is also allowing users to post in root. I'm disabling this ability in the plugin settings, but the settings do not save (using the dashboard); they just revert back.

• I replied your messenge through email.

• Forgive me but I cannot find your email/message. Where did you send it to?

• bh8vnbh8vn
    Answer ✓

Sorry I reply the vanilla auto email sender ;(
    Simply go to my site: http://bh8.vn, go to a discussion page and view the source, save the anonymous.js of my site and replace your old js with mine, it will work, sorry I can show you in detail, i reply by mobile.

• No problem haha. I'll test it as soon as I'm home, thanks!

• I replaced mine accordingly, and it didn't work. Now instead of not refreshing the image it simply gets rid of the image (doesn't provide a new captcha). Still not sure what's going on.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Are you using minify or js compress?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Nope, I'm not.

• edited March 2012

Since it initially shows the captcha but will not after an incorrect entry, it would have something to do with this code, would it not?

// 1. Update captcha if post fails
          $("div.Errors > ul").livequery(function(){
              var imagesrc = gdn.combinePaths(WebRoot, '/plugins/Anonymouse/captcha/imagettfbox.php' + '?' + Math.random());
              var $img = $('#CaptchaBox img');
              if ($img.length > 0) $img.first().attr('src', imagesrc);
          });

I really don't understand php/jquery and how it works, so sadly this is something I'm completely lost with trying to troubleshoot on my own.

• 422422 Developer MVP

The above loads if captcha fails, so is the path correct?

Try absolute path.

• Yup, the path is correct as well.

• 422422 Developer MVP

No idea , then. I dont use anonymouse

• No problem, I appreciate you looking at it. Hopefully @bh8vn will be able to provide some more insight on the issue.

• I think the jquery.js appear two times in your source, when you add the js for the menu, it's no need to add more jquery, it make the conflict.
    Tell me if it still not work. I deal with the problem better if it on my site :)

• edited March 2012

Sadly that wasn't it either.

It's undoubtedly due to Jquery and the use of it in my menu, because when I switch to my theme without the menu, Anonymouse functions perfectly fine. I just have no idea why it is still an issue or how to fix it.

• @422 excuse my ignorance but, upon reading up and looking at what it actually loads, I do believe I use minify (it loads a jquery.min.js). After tinkering with it for a bit, I managed to get the captcha to work and reload after an incorrect attempt while making a new post, but it still fails if you enter it incorrectly while making a new reply to a discussion.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Yer jquery.min is not minify. Have you disabled anonymouse and tested? The issue probably lies with the plugin.

• The current issue is that if you enter an incorrect captcha in a reply to a discussion (the captcha for creating a new discussion works 100% now), it'll redirect you to /post/comment instead of keeping you on the current page and simply providing a new captcha. This occurs for me even if I change theme to one which doesn't use additional Jquery in it, so yes I'd assume this one is directly related to the plugin. @bh8vn 's works exactly as it should, so maybe he'll be able to take another stab at it for me.