Fork me on GitHub
Current releases are 2.1.5 (31 Oct 2014) and 2.0.18.13 (5 Aug 2014)

Ready for 2.1? Find out if your plugins are compatible. 2.0 will no longer be updated after Dec 2014.

[Solved] Cannot Activate the Facebook Authenticator

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 Help

Hi

I want to enable logging in through Facebook and enabled the plugin, created the fb app, added the app id and secret id and saved the information. When I go to Authentication under the Users tab, I can see Facebook in the dropdown. I click that and the configure fb menu comes below with the app id and secret id filled in. I click the save again and then try to click the Activate button besides the dropdown (Configure the Authenticator), but nothing happens. I believe I should get some options like mentioned in this blog entry vanillaforums.com/blog/help/setting-up-facebook-login-and-new-account-registration-for-your-forum/

I can see the fb icon on the forum page. I click on that, allow the app to access my fb account and then I get this error 'Facebook Connect - UniqueID is required'. I search the forums and find that most of the threads mention this one - vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/135304 I follow that, open my class.facebook.plugin.php file and configure as mentioned. Unfortunately nothing happens. It still shows the same error. I've uploaded a phpinfo.php file and checked that OpenSSL feature is enabled for cURL.

cURL support enabled cURL Information libcurl/7.13.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.2 libidn/0.5.13

I have spent hours on this and will really appreciate if @Tim or @Alibaba31337 or @UnderDog can help me. Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Answers