Fork me on GitHub
Current Releases are 2.1 stable (major release) and 2.0.18.11 (security patch for 2.0)
We've also rebooted our GitHub repo, docs, and more!

[Solved] Cannot Activate the Facebook Authenticator

edited April 2012 in Questions

Hi

I want to enable logging in through Facebook and enabled the plugin, created the fb app, added the app id and secret id and saved the information. When I go to Authentication under the Users tab, I can see Facebook in the dropdown. I click that and the configure fb menu comes below with the app id and secret id filled in. I click the save again and then try to click the Activate button besides the dropdown (Configure the Authenticator), but nothing happens. I believe I should get some options like mentioned in this blog entry vanillaforums.com/blog/help/setting-up-facebook-login-and-new-account-registration-for-your-forum/

I can see the fb icon on the forum page. I click on that, allow the app to access my fb account and then I get this error 'Facebook Connect - UniqueID is required'. I search the forums and find that most of the threads mention this one - vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/135304 I follow that, open my class.facebook.plugin.php file and configure as mentioned. Unfortunately nothing happens. It still shows the same error. I've uploaded a phpinfo.php file and checked that OpenSSL feature is enabled for cURL.

cURL support enabled
cURL Information libcurl/7.13.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.2 libidn/0.5.13

I have spent hours on this and will really appreciate if @Tim or @Alibaba31337 or @UnderDog can help me. Thank you in advance.

Best Answer

Answers