Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Number of Views in Voting Plugin won't updated

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

After the installation of Voting plugin, every time I refresh page, the number of Views increased. so each posts had higher numbers of views.

But couple of days before, it suddenly changed. The number of views never increase unless I access the page from different computer from other place.

So my website looks like suddenly lost traffic. I really don't like it...

Is there any setting for the way of count the number of views of voting plugin ?? Or is there anything I missed like voting plugin is updated and count accurate numbers only now ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

geez

./vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.discussionmodel.php

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• Did you recently upgrade vanilla? I believe they recently changed the way the view count is tabulated (as you mentioned by ip) in the database . If the voting plugin retrieves the number of views (countviews) from the table (discussion), you would probably have to change the core . It is, what it is.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrine said:
    you would probably have to change the core.

Can I ask how I can do it ?

• You would possibly have to modify it in discussionmodel.php. I don't really know, so I can't tell you how to do it. Maybe one of the developers will tell you if there is a config setting or how to set it.
    I saw something called $Configuration['Vanilla']['Views']['Denormalize']
    but I don't really know what it does.

• hi peregrine,

thanks for your reply.
    where is discussionmodel.php file located ?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

geez

./vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.discussionmodel.php

• i thought it's in Voting addon folder :)
    and i found it but don't know what to do hahaha...

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.