Fork me on GitHub
Please upgrade to 2.1.x here. The 2.0 branch is no longer being updated.
Important security fix: 2.1.10, released 4 May.

help with Fatal Error in Gdn_Database.Query();

njumaranjumara New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 Help

Hi,

I just started receiving the below error two days ago. Everything has been working fine with the forum before this.

I received the GDN Permission error and I checked for the table in phpMyAdmin. It does not exist. I can't figure out why it would have worked before though?

I contacted my host and they told me to reinstall. I would rather not lose all of my forum entries. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also, I may have screwed up because I installed Vanilla into my existing wordpress database.

Do i need to start over with a new database? If I do, can I export the table needed and keep the content of the forum? If so, which tables do I export?

Any help is awesome as I can't figure this out at all. Below is the error message:

Table 'databasename.GDN_Permission' doesn't exist
select *
from GDN_Permission Permission
limit 1
The error occurred on or near: /home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/library/database/class.database.php
283:          $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);
284:       }
285: 
286:       if ($PDOStatement === FALSE) {
287:          trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);
288:       }
289:       
290:       // Did this query modify data in any way?
291:       if ($ReturnType == 'ID') {

Backtrace:
/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/library/database/class.database.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
[/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/library/database/class.database.php:287] PHP::trigger_error();
[/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:1650] Gdn_Database->Query();
[/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/library/database/class.sqldriver.php:676] Gdn_SQLDriver->Query();
[/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.permissionmodel.php:476] Gdn_SQLDriver->Get();
[/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.permissionmodel.php:188] PermissionModel->PermissionColumns();
[/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/applications/dashboard/models/class.usermodel.php:234] PermissionModel->CachePermissions();
[/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/library/core/class.session.php:318] UserModel->DefinePermissions();
[/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/library/core/class.auth.php:36] Gdn_Session->Start();
[/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/bootstrap.php:168] Gdn_Auth->StartAuthenticator();
[/home/user/domains/website.com/public_html/forum/index.php:41] PHP::require_once();
Variables in local scope:
[Sql] 'select *
from GDN_Permission Permission
limit 1'
[InputParameters] array (
)
[Options] array (
  'ReturnType' => 'DataSet',
)
[ReturnType] 'DataSet'
[PDOStatement] false

Answers