Fork me on GitHub
Current release is 2.1.6 (21 Nov 2014).

Users who have not yet upgraded to 2.1 should get security release 2.0.18.14 (1 Nov 2014). We will stop providing these security releases to 2.0 at the end of this year.

PostBox

nopresniknopresnik New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 Help

Okay. No one understood what i wanted. All i want is for one catagory called "Ban Appeals" to have a special post discussion box. I want it to have it so that the "Discussion Title"box is hidden, only showing the discussion body box. But when the user posts the discussion, the title of the discussion will become the discussion posters UserName on the forum. Thank you.

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine ☯ hasta luego :) In-Flight MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

The old version didn't work exactly the way I wanted so this version should be suitable. version 1.1 that actually works and is configurable with config.php. Instructions in details at addon.

disregard the $notitle in previous message and use these instructions:

instructions: to suppress titles in the "Good Food" category.

add this to config.php under //plugins

in the file /vanilla/config.php

$Configuration['Plugins']['HideTitle']['NoTitleCat'] = 'Good Food';

or if the category to suppress titles is named Questions

$Configuration['Plugins']['HideTitle']['NoTitleCat'] = 'Questions';

note: it will only suppress the title when you choose that specific category to view. In General Discussions which includes all categories it keeps the title even for that category. I didn't know what you wanted.

Monetary Donations will be appreciated if you use my plugins. Thanks in Advance.
    As a waiter gets a tip for a good meal, tips for successful solutions appreciated as well. click here for Peregrine | click here for FAQ

Answers