Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

1969 Date issue in forums - how to solve?

2»

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

I can't think of a reason why not to post your tweaks for category and post level, etc. Even though I don't use it myself I'd add it to the plugin for others. I think it would be a good addition if you want to share it.

Glad the plugin worked for you (with your additions :) - its aways nice to get some good feedback, instead of users asking a question, getting an answer and never responding again once they got what they needed (etiquette problem).

I was thinking the original 1969 problem might be because it is a large difference of 19 or so hours spanning the dateline between NY and Auck with some code problem not taking into account day changes and computation for user hour offset.
    causing a wrap in an integer or some short int . The number you had -370557. It's possible if the server were in Auckland and the local users were in NY it would work it would be interesting if someone had that case.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Righto! Well, I changed $offsettime to the following, to give me a date format like April 10, 6:23 pm

$offsettime = date("F j, g:i a ",$ftime);

And then I also placed the following line in your second public function, after echo "($offsettime)";

$Sender->AddJsFile('/plugins/TimeZoneAdjust/js/hideoldtime.js');

In hideoldtime.js I added a line to hide the comment level date, replacing it with your new one:

$('span.DateCreated').hide();

And that was all! :) Any other small edits were made to my theme files to format the meta areas to my taste.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

Did you lose the permalink with the time doing it that way.

I added a link to this thread and your screename for tweaks in the plugin description.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I sure did. The permalink is lost in both the views - I actually never liked it though, so it didn't worry me. Was that on purpose?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

The permalink is only in the one view I believe. Either your line in the js or mine removed it. You probably know how to add it. But I can convert the times I added to make them permalinks some time in the future. got some other things to do now.

But in the long run, you are right it really doesn't matter because you can't post when you are not logged in.