Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Documentation] Default Roles Such as Guest have been deleted and i dont know how to fix

H00jH00j
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Because i used the migrate script the default roles never appeared and therefore roles like guest aren't there and i dont know how to set the default guest roles

Answers

• You migrated from phpBB to Vanilla correct? What exactly would you like to do with certain roles?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• mybb -> phpbb -> vanilla.

Basically i would like a guest role so i can set the permissions for visitors but when i create a role names guest it has no effect on guests.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yes it matches

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

perhaps you could post your role table.

and a few entries of user role, ones that work and ones that don't work.

it might help someone solve.

also you might post your config.php with these lines deleted so we don't see your password,etc.
    // Database
    $Configuration['Database']['Name'] = 
    $Configuration['Database']['Host'] = 
    $Configuration['Database']['User'] = 
    $Configuration['Database']['Password'] = 

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Please can someone screenshot theirs?