Fork me on GitHub
Current releases are 2.1.5 (31 Oct 2014) and 2.0.18.13 (5 Aug 2014)

Ready for 2.1? Find out if your plugins are compatible. 2.0 will no longer be updated after Dec 2014.

[Documentation] Email Confirmation Role...

troppmanntroppmann New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 Help

OK, I looked around and didnt quite see what i was having happen here on my forum...user registers and instead of the role "Users will be assigned to this role until they've confirmed their email addresses." being used the user's role is blank.

so, what I get an application and approve it the user isn't able to be set to the role specified.

Until I manually add that role which I want added to those users the users can't login.

Make sense the problem? I saw a couple other threads on here not quite dealing with the same thing.

Anyway....little help anyone?

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine ☯ hasta luego :) In-Flight MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

first off your role table looks pretty weird. I would change it to exactly what is below as a start until you get it working. and then adjust the permissions through the dashboard. Your choice to do as below with regards to table in link, but without, not much help can be provided.

see http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/157731#Comment_157731

From now on, if a user does not do one of two things provide documentation on the wiki or click the like button, that is the end of my attempts to help that particular user.

Monetary Donations will be appreciated if you use my plugins. Thanks in Advance.
    As a waiter gets a tip for a good meal, tips for successful solutions appreciated as well. Peregrine

troppmann

Answers