Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A 'like' Plugin w/ integration to Karma Bank

hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Released to you...

A revamped 'like' plugin with user meta capture allowing Karma Bank Integration.

Like all previous HBF plugin creations... There are no fancy dashboard settings. Just install it and it works (money back guarantee, aka you get what you paid for)

If you want to tweak the presentation style you can override the css using a theme, or just hack away at the included css.

Improvements, tweaks, suggestions and financial stimulus all welcome.

Tagged:

Comments

• Exellent plugin!

The only problem is that guest are able to click "Like" on the discussions (even if are not counting).

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

SevMC said:
    Exellent plugin!

The only problem is that guest are able to click "Like" on the discussions (even if are not counting).

i'll take a look. that should be an easy fix, i probably just forgot to put my sec check in one of the methods.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

ok i uploaded a fix that stops guests from seeing the like option.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Paid you two likes, cos first post has it disabled. Great work mate

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Sweet! Kinda clunky with the pageload, though. How about updating the like in place, with javascript, as on this forum?

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

leafmonster said:
    Sweet! Kinda clunky with the pageload, though. How about updating the like in place, with javascript, as on this forum?

it does an update in place using jquery. it should not be forcing a page load (although there it should pageload as a fall back)

Can you post a link to your forum where it's not using the jquery div refresh?

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

422 said:
    Paid you two likes, cos first post has it disabled. Great work mate

hehe, my plugin allows you to 'like' the discussion starting thread ;)

thanks, i'll keep those in my savings account. with compound interest those should be worth a ton in a few years.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Lololol

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hi could you do the same thing like aolee's paid "zLikeComment" plugin does? His plugin as leaf monster said is doing the "like" thing in Ajax process instead of reloading the whole page and at the same time there's a "thanks" message for liking the post? and also please move the the number of Likes along the post count line.

here's a screen shot taken from aolee's blog http://www.goodoldmemories.com/2012/02/zlike-comment-plugin-1-0-for-vanillaforums-2-0-18/

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    edited April 2012

alhotmail said:
    hi could you do the same thing like aolee's paid "zLikeComment" plugin does? His plugin as leaf monster said is doing the "like" thing in Ajax process instead of reloading the whole page and at the same time there's a "thanks" message for liking the post? and also please move the the number of Likes along the post count line.

it should be updating via ajax.... are you seeing it do a full page refresh? Can you post a link to your install where it is giving you that behavior? It's all ajax/jquery on my site http://homebrewforums.net give it a try, sign up, log in and like a few posts.

i'll try to move the count out of the comment options block in a bit.

• edited April 2012

@hbf @alhotmail

The ajax refresh wasn't working because like.js wasn't linked in the head. I fixed this by changing the line

$Sender->AddJSFile($this->GetWebResource('like.js'));

to

$Sender->AddJSFile($this->GetResource('like.js', FALSE, FALSE));

• @hbf -- That said, I think this plugin will need to list who did the likes before I migrate from the Kudos plugin... Is that planned? Or in there already and I'm missing something?

Notification tie-ins would be cool too.

Cheers, nice work on this plug so far.

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

great work, thanks!

what i noticed is, that if i am in a specific category that lists a discussion with 'likes' it does not apply the css for the 'X likes' in the discussions list.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

leafmonster said:
    @hbf -- That said, I think this plugin will need to list who did the likes before I migrate from the Kudos plugin... Is that planned? Or in there already and I'm missing something?

Notification tie-ins would be cool too.

Cheers, nice work on this plug so far.

@leafmonster
    i capture the user id of who did gave the 'like' in the GDN_AllLikes table. I just dont have a way to display the information at this time.
    I'll check out the alternative method for loading the js file.

@fh111

Im wondering if the css just isn't loading for some reason. Maybe similar to the js problem that leafmonster described.

Post a link to you forum or just inspect to see if the css is loading.

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

Yup, that's it, the css is not loading when you are in a specific category

• @hbf this might fix it.

public function CategoriesController_BeforeDiscussionRender_Handler(&$Sender) {
            this->DiscussionController_BeforeDiscussionRender_Handler
        }

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• probably this:

public function CategoriesController_BeforeDiscussionRender_Handler($Sender) {
        $this->DiscussionController_BeforeDiscussionRender_Handler;
        }

public function CategoriesController_Render_Before($Sender) {   
       $this->DiscussionsController_Render_Before($Sender);
       }

A totally different issue when I click on like
    i get this

vanilla/index.php?p=/vanilla/index.php&p=/../discussion/22#Item_155

which causes a page not found because of the /../

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

I think i can fix the caregories handler without much trouble.
    Ive not installed on an instance without the pretty url rewrites. Its got to be an issue with the way my urls are formed. @peregrine can you point me to your test install?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

it's on a localhost, you can't get there. I'm just a tinkerer.
    It's not important for the fix for me, just thought you might know the problem or weren't aware of the issue. but if you need more info let me know.

I think the statements above should solve the category problem.