Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Twitter Bootstrap Theme

124»

Answers

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

I need to change the JS calls according to the theme folder name given by Github, just a sec

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• 422422 Developer MVP

Also toolbar buttons, are linking to your github repo

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Done. To fix it, either download the new default.master.tpl or change the JS and CSS calls in the existing one to match the themes folder name.

Which toolbar buttons btw?

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

the gears icons. sent me off to github. Goto this link and see

http://vanillaskins.com/bootstrap/

its nearly 11pm and I have other stuff to do, will fix in morning Cheers Ste, and good work looks cool

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Will take a look at the icons then :) Thanks for everything man, sleep well!

edited April 2012 Answer ✓

A working demo of the current version is now available here: http://vanilla.ungdomsrod.dk/

Feel free to use the site for support questions and comments!

Just FYI: This is still a work in progress, so when I say it's a "production-ready release" it means that it will need regular updates if you want to use it on a production site.

• Wow excellent work, I'll have to play with a version using a fixed width sidebar.

• Great theme, I would have been using it if I didn't ditch vanilla for a custom build.

• Caio said:
    Great theme, I would have been using it if I didn't ditch vanilla for a custom build.

you are eminently qualified then.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Glad you like it folks! @Gillingham An easy way to give it a fixed width, is to remove the three "-fluid" class extensions in default.master.tpl. These can be found on line 25, 111 and 113.

• candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited April 2012

Simply awesome stuff! :)
    The only thing that doens't seem perfect is the > that toggle the excerpt (open and closed) when the size is forced to the smallest possible (iPhone size).
    Anyway excellent work.

• I give up on my custom build, back to vanilla. Just going to make my own plugins.

• @kasperisager, what is this theme licensed under?

@candyman Yeah, stuff gets a bit too compressed when viewed on the iPhone.

@Caio It's licensed under Apache 2.0 just like the Bootstrap framework

• I've read the documentation.
    Is there a particular reason (e.g. security?) 'cause the "Use of Markdown is HIGHLY recommended" with this theme?

edited April 2012

@candyman Not at all, it's just a matter of markup. Simple HTML doesn't wrap lines in paragraphs and just adds a <br> whenever you begin a new line. This looks like jinx to be honest. Markdown on the other hand wraps each line in a paragraph and this looks way better than Simple HTML. I didn't want a bunch of people complaining about their discussions looking super strange, which is why I recommend using Markdown instead.

Hey again folks! I'm glad to announce that VanillaBootstrap is now completely (well, almost) powered by LESS and the less.js compiler instead of CSS. This means that Bootstrap related mixins can now be utilized which should make creating a version of the theme for v2.1 a breeze. I still haven't gotten rid of the jQuery toggleClass solution, as the default style.css otherwise will kick in and ruin everything. If anyone would like to join the project though, I'd be more than happy to welcome you as collaborators on the project.

• If I may, I'd like to add an update, after tracking Kasper down on Twitter, within minutes he sent me a link to his complete version, which can be found here:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/bootstrap-theme

Thanks, Kasper! And hello, everyone else, my name is Josh.

• mikadomikado New
    edited January 2013

@landquest

Older versions of the theme Bootstrap does not work correctly with Vanilla 2

A new templates also have problems with plugins

edited January 2013

"Older" version of Bootstrap works just fine with Vanilla 2.0 (I built them specifically for this version), just make sure you download the beta and not the alpha release (alpha is downloaded by default for some reason). There are also a couple of versions available for 2.1 here: https://github.com/kasperisager/Bootstrap