HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Announce clutter

Dan83Dan83 New
edited April 2012 in Feedback

I love Vanilla as it removes pretty much all that annoys me with other forum software.

Except one thing. Announce clutter up the top of forums and force scrolling past them which is annoying.

Could it be possible to have an intermediate step between normal post and announce ones? We could call it "Important". Posts marked as Important will show up for every user at the top (like announce ones) until they are read. If you already read an Important it will have it's normal position depending on when it was last replied to.

This would permit to leave for instance guidance for new users without adding to the clutter for everyone.

Comments

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

Individual users can dismiss announcements, but I guess you're looking for something more automatic?

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

If we changed announcements to work the way you wanted we'd get a tonne of support requests by confused users. It's just not straightforward behaviour and we've found over time that stuff that automagically does "smart" stuff just appears "weird" to most people.

It sounds like a good plugin though.

• I completely missed the dismiss option. That's pretty workable.

Thanks