Fork me on GitHub
Current Releases are 2.1 stable (major release) and 2.0.18.11 (security patch for 2.0)
We've also rebooted our GitHub repo, docs, and more!

[Documentation][Mobile] "Bonk" Message when applying themes *Error Code copied*

edited April 2012 in Questions

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I just setup my first vanilla forum. Whenever I try to use a different theme other than the default, which includes mobile, embed-friendly, and the ones I downloaded from vanilla I get the following error message.

Fatal Error in PHP.trigger_error();
Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/hermes/waloraweb008/b1127/moo.misfitvap3rscom/discussion/vanillaforums/cache/Smarty/compile' does not exist, or is not a directory.
The error occurred on or near: /path/to/discussion/vanillaforums/library/vendors/Smarty-2.6.25/libs/Smarty.class.php

Variables in local scope:

[error_msg] 'the $compile_dir \'/hermes/waloraweb008/b1127/moo.misfitvap3rscom/discussion/vanillaforums/cache/Smarty/compile\' does not exist, or is not a directory.'

[error_type] 256

I've tried all the trouble-shooting steps and can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine ☯ hasta luego :) In-Flight MVP
    Answer ✓

[error_msg] 'the $compile_dir \'/hermes/waloraweb008/b1127/moo.misfitvap3rscom/discussion/vanillaforums/cache/Smarty/compile\' does not exist, or is not a directory.'

create

Smarty/compile

and
    Smarty/cache

if they don't exist

I gave them 777 permissions.

Monetary Donations will be appreciated if you use my plugins. Thanks in Advance.

As a waiter gets a tip for a good meal, tips for successful solutions appreciated as well. Peregrine

UnderDog422JMisfit12

Answers