Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

[Documentation][Mobile] "Bonk" Message when applying themes *Error Code copied*

edited April 2012 in Questions

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I just setup my first vanilla forum. Whenever I try to use a different theme other than the default, which includes mobile, embed-friendly, and the ones I downloaded from vanilla I get the following error message.

Fatal Error in PHP.trigger_error(); Smarty error: the $compile_dir '/hermes/waloraweb008/b1127/moo.misfitvap3rscom/discussion/vanillaforums/cache/Smarty/compile' does not exist, or is not a directory. The error occurred on or near: /path/to/discussion/vanillaforums/library/vendors/Smarty-2.6.25/libs/Smarty.class.php

Variables in local scope:

[error_msg] 'the $compile_dir \'/hermes/waloraweb008/b1127/moo.misfitvap3rscom/discussion/vanillaforums/cache/Smarty/compile\' does not exist, or is not a directory.'

[error_type] 256

I've tried all the trouble-shooting steps and can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

[error_msg] 'the $compile_dir \'/hermes/waloraweb008/b1127/moo.misfitvap3rscom/discussion/vanillaforums/cache/Smarty/compile\' does not exist, or is not a directory.'

create

Smarty/compile

and
    Smarty/cache

if they don't exist

I gave them 777 permissions.

Monetary Donations will be appreciated if you use my plugins. Thanks in Advance.
    As a waiter gets a tip for a good meal, tips for successful solutions appreciated as well. Peregrine

UnderDog422JMisfit12

Answers