Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

PMs

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I see you can read PMs as an Admin, how can I disable that so I cant? I dont want it to be said that Im invade privacy. Im not the owner of the site. I just found out my self and sent an email letting the owner know that it can be done!

Best Answer

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

I dont see that. Have you got custom plugin ? or perhaps check your dashboard, it may be a feature I am not aware of, that you can disable in roles and permissions

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

So you want to stop yourself from using something you can choose not to do, because now you are aware you can do it, you may crumble under pressure and send PM's ?

lol

Really ? I had no idea you could read other members PM's

• I get PMs as a mod saying people send threats which would be great to see the PM. I just dont want it to be said that Im invade privacy or any of the other mods.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Are you saying you can view any pm sent by any member to another member

• yes, when you go to a users page you can see INBOX up under send a message! I think its Vanilla1,

• 422422 Developer MVP

I wasnt aware of that.

• Well is there away you can find out how to disable it please. I mean Im not going around reading PMs but to be on the safe side for the other mods!

• 422422 Developer MVP

could you tell us exactly how you access it. Step by step.

• edited April 2012

Go to a users page or profile as some call it. This is what you will see

Change Picture,
    Edit Thumbnail,
    Edit Account,
    Delete Account,
    Remove Picture,
    Edit Preferences,
    Send a Message,
    Inbox

Click on Inbox and you can see all the PMs.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

I dont see that. Have you got custom plugin ? or perhaps check your dashboard, it may be a feature I am not aware of, that you can disable in roles and permissions

• I dont think the owner would know how to do that. Maybe a past mod did it. Im going to leave it at what it is. I told the other mods and it was said we would not going that far in reading PMs. Thank you for your help!

If you find out more please let me know!

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited April 2012

Sure, if you goto our downloads page on vanillaskins theres a config zip by @peregrine with a php file you upload to forum root.

Run that file, no sensitive info is parse, it will echo what plugins you have. You can safely post results back here.

Link http://vanillaskins.com/downloads/download.php?file=display_my_configuration.zip

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

Chrissy21 said:
    yes, when you go to a users page you can see INBOX up under send a message! I think its Vanilla1,

is that maybe the reason ... never used it, but maybe that was a 'feature' of vanilla 1