Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

File Upload on Mobile Theme

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Uploaded files do not show on mobile theme.

What kind of adjustments do I need to make to the mobile theme to make it show?

Best Answer

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

You would need an app to upload files from mobile devices. I posted this a few weeks ago, to do ths in vanilla would possibly require heavy modifcation...

1. On fileupload clik open ap.
    2. File ap uploads file and creates short url.
    3. Onclick / success return to mobile vanilla, and post short url into vanilla.

Thats the only way i can think that it would work, at present.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

You would need an app to upload files from mobile devices. I posted this a few weeks ago, to do ths in vanilla would possibly require heavy modifcation...

1. On fileupload clik open ap.
    2. File ap uploads file and creates short url.
    3. Onclick / success return to mobile vanilla, and post short url into vanilla.

Thats the only way i can think that it would work, at present.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @422 Thanks for your response.

But then, I also noticed that files uploaded on the normal theme do not show up on the mobile theme.

I have a feeling that the mobile theme does not contain the necessary code that will link to the uploaded file.

What do I need to add to make this work?

• there are currently two there people interested in this possibly three.

I have a solution in mind for iphone and android.

grep is your friend.

• @happydude This is exactly what i want. Just to show imagelinks in mobile theme. Solution?

• @x00 what's your solution?