Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Save site name in data base

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, i need save the site name in the db and edit this from the admin panel. ¿How i can do it?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Can you elaborate more?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

It is saved within the config file.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Instead of in the config file need to be stored in the database.

• Options

It is saved within the config file.

Only

grep is your friend.

• Options

Is there no way?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

no has been the consistent answer.

why do you need it in a database as opposed to reading it from config file?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

I got it :)

I created a table with 4 fields, the config.php it does is collect all these areas and turn them into variables with eval (). Then in lybrary / core / class.configuration.php, in the Save, I keep all that data into the DDBB when needed. (This with some minor changes, it worked. I used mysql functions of vanilla).

• Options

You haven't exlained why you are doign this. I expect it to give you inconsistent results.

Also serialise and und serialise objects rather than relying on eval if you can help it. Look at Gdn_Format::Serialize() and Gnd_Format::Unserialize()

People are very quick to edit the core, remember if you edit the core you are maintaining a fork.

People have misguided ideas about security I wondered if this is the reason, or if you wanted a test,dev, and production configuration options?

grep is your friend.

• Options

I'm doing a project based on vanilla forums, that is why I have to make these changes.